The Optik TV box has separate volume controls from the TV. If the remote was completely reset and NOT programmed for the TV, it should allow you to control the volume on the box directly and max it out. Then program the remote for the TV again.
Hard to say what the issue is without knowing how you TV and Optik box are connected. The information here may be of use:
Likely a configuration issue on your TV but without more information it's difficult to determine.
I have tried the following already:
- muting/unmuting (no change)
- increasing/decreasing volume (no change)
- Netflix, via the guide, has no sound.
- The TV, on it's own, *does* have sound when I go online, so the issue is the box.
- I checked and double checked all the cords and connections (no change)
- I unplugged/plugged in the box (no change)
- I unplugged/plugged in the main wifi/power box in the basement (no change)
- I changed the audio from "stereo" to "surround sound", then back again (no change)
Everything worked fine on Monday evening.
Everything else still works - it's just the sound that is missing.
The usual way is to disassociate your Telus remote from your TV turn up the volume on the PVR, then re-associate the Remote to the TV.
To adjust the volume of the PVR you need to use the remote and set it to Optik (not TV) and then use the volume to set it to max (25).
This guide may be helpful:
I'm a LONG time Optik TV subscriber. I am NOT going to suggest you turn up the volume !! I had to reboot the Telus TV Box a few times to get the sound back. It would be great to get better working hardware/software for $150-200/month without having to mentally prepare for a one hour wait on the phone just to have a representative have ME do troubleshooting and rebooting !!