cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik TV from a browser sucks big-time.

thewils
Just Moved In

Long-time Telus user here: When you fire up a browser (Chrome on MacOS Monterey for me - but it has been going on for a while now) the experience is really, really, really BAD. Firstly, just opening up the page gives an error "Something unexpected happened. Please try again later (LP1008)" Nice clear user-friendly error messages there Telus (I developed web sites for 20 years and would never, ever show users that something that cryptically bad). When you "retry" and get in finally, it's a 50-50 shot to either get a good session going, or you get "Your account has reached the limit of active streams. To con-tinue (yeah, really) watching, please stop playback on one of your other devices". Trouble is, I am not playing anything on any other device, not even the TV. So, frustratingly, it is lying to me. When I do manage to eventually get to stream some TV for a while I get the invariable "Something unexpected happened" and have to quit back to the guide before trying to return to the channel I was watching. At that point I'm back playing the "limit of active streams" lottery. From the state of the online service (?hah?), I'm guessing Telus really don't want you to watch this way, it is just really, really bad.

3 REPLIES 3

thewils
Just Moved In

Did I say it was really bad?? Click on the settings "cog" in the top right and click "Log out", "Are you sure you want to log out?" - "Yes". Hey, guess what - I'm back at the Home screen and it hasn't logged me out. The app is completely pathetic.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Chrome on MacOS causes difficulty for many. Have you tried with Safari?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xray
Hero

I watch Optik from Chrome on Windows frequently. I rarely have issues. The problems with Chrome on MacOS is not limited to Optik. A Google search shows many problems with the Mac version of Chrome.