I am looking at buying the latest Optic TV box, but have a couple of questions.
1. do. you actually need the Telus box to watch Telus TV?
2. do I have to have the optic box to record and watch recordings on Apple TV?
3.. do I need the optik box to record/watch programs on Apple TV? ( i.e. one optic box for each TV in the house?)
I believe this is the current state of affairs.
Regardless of the route you go you will get a Telus set top box when you sign up for Optik TV.
1. No. You can watch and schedule recordings through the phone app, the web or a set top box that supports the Optik TV app.
2. No. Recordings are in the cloud. See 1 for how to watch or record.
3. Depends on your TV's. I believe you could use AirPlay, if your TV supports it, from a device with the Optik TV app installed. Otherwise you will need a box per TV.