Optik TV app not working.

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Carina223
Resident

Getting the same error and have used it with no problems until today on my iPad Air 2

@RyDawg wrote:

So I just downloaded the new Optik app on my phone. Unfortunately I cannot get it to run. Every time I log in it gives me this error. 738E195E-D04B-400D-91BC-8E1C6DFC1513.png

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum
Did a quick test for me and it's working on my Android phone.

Are you signing in with your Optik account id?
Carina223
Resident

Yes I’ve used it successfully for months and I sign in using my Telus login info. I’ve tried reinstalling and it still gives me the same error message. Looks like yet another call to Telus..

Kikikins08
Resident
Hi! My app keeps sending me errors too! Could I please get helpSmiley Happy thanks!
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Kikikins08

Can you provide a few more details as to the errors you receive?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
VonWoogle
Friendly Neighbour
I had success by resetting my Optik TV account and using the new confirmation code sent to me. Still cannot log into Optik TV using the Telus account.
VonWoogle
Friendly Neighbour
The app would not let me login. I got the LP1008 error message. But I had success by resetting my Optik TV account and using the new confirmation code sent to me. Still cannot log into Optik TV using the Telus account.
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Optik App works for me, using my Telus ‘My Account’ credentials. Possibly your account needs to reset the App credentials. If the issue continues beyond today, you may need to contact Telus for a full reset.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Rentalguy
Neighbour

Don't bother with the app.  It is totally useless. they killed the old one and replaced it with one that does not let you use the guide to change channels.  Plus, some graphic designer got a hold of it, was more concerned with it looking nice than actually being able to use it.

brentFR
Resident

I am just trying to record the Blue Jays game and when I select it on the guide, I am hitting channel 911, but the recording page comes up with 916 as the channel. Even if I leave it as 916 and don't change anything, I get an error (1-48-464) saying it can't record the show.... and the guide just says MLB Baseball and not the details of the game (like who is playing who). Pretty useless if you have a mobile app that doesn't work.

Telustopfan
Neighbour

All of the sudden, my TelusTV app has the same error message "LP1008" when logging in on the iphone X.

Johnl604
Resident

I am getting the same error and it's really frustrating. We're trying to use this so we can access TV in our RV. If we can't we're going to have to switch providers.