Optik Slimline remote

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Daekon
Neighbour
My slimline remote does not seem to accept 4 digit codes for tv setup. I have a hisense tv. Any ideas?
Community Power User
Community Power User

That's the trouble when using generic big box store branded TVs. Most don't correspond to existing codes. Some may share codes with other brands but may not work the same.

Do you have the Slimline remote or the Slimline 2?

Slimline1.jpg

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Daekon
Neighbour
Slimline 1 remote.
Daekon
Neighbour
The remote will flash error as soon as a third number is entered. Same happened with my samsung tv. It seems more like a remote issue. But same thing on two different remotes for two dvrs.
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you pressing "Options" or "Mode" when programming the remote?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Daekon
Neighbour
Yea i press it until it blinks indicating it is ready to accept a code. Then it double blinks after i enter 2 digits of the code and flashes for error on the third digit.
Community Power User
Community Power User

You didn't answer which button you are pressing. If you are using Mode, that will only accept 2 digit codes. If you use Options that'll allow the 4 digit code as it instructs at the top of the instructions.

Kmeleskie
Friendly Neighbour
What if it never flashes red? I just received a new slimline 2 remote and the tv doesn't flash red nor the optik flash green- so it doesn't let me program...?
rc
Ambassador

Thanks this fixed my problem.    It is unfortunate that the information posted on the main TELUS support site  - http://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/program-slimline-remote

does not agree with the instructions at the top of this document http://static.telus.com/common/cms/files/get-help/Optik_4_Digit_Codes_for_Remote.pdf

Community Power User
Community Power User

@rc

This has now been passed up the line, and hopefully will be addressed shortly.  Thanks for sharing.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
EricaS
Resident
I also have a hisense ... and a slimline 2 remote .
When originally set up , the volume control worked but the power never did . I've recently had Telus come in the fix my modem and at that time my remote stopped controlling the volume .
I would really like to at least get the volume control back . Were you able to program yours ? Any help would be appreciated haha