cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik Remote Record App (iOS) crashes when trying to view a different time

emcee2
Coach

Hello.  This is really some feedback for the folks at Telus in the hope that they address a long-standing problem with the Optik Remote Record App (for iOS).  Or at least bring the problem to the attention of whoever has actual written the app (which is listed as Telus).  Please note this is not about the Smart Remote App, nor the Optik on the Go app.

The Remote Record App is installed and running on an iPhone 6 that is updated to the latest iOS version (9.2.1).  The app loads, and I have and continue to set programs to record remotely.  That's OK if the show you want to record is with the hour or two that is loaded into the guide initially.

If you attempt to go to a future date/time, using the Green button in the top right corner, a white box shows up at the bottom and the app ceases to respond to anything.  See the images attached.  I'm not sure what the white box is supposed to be...

The green arrow in the middle on the right does work (if you haven't crashed the app already), though it just loads the next few hours of the guide... so if you want to set a recording for later in the week you'll going to be pressing that button many times.

For what it is worth, I've got it running on an iPad as well, and the same behaviour exists there as well.  This "bad behaviour" has been reported on the App store in one way or another for quite some time... and there seems to be no fix forthcoming.

IMG_2749.jpgIMG_2750.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User
The app you mention was last updated in January 2012 and is designed for iOS 4/5. There are vast differences in the programming and APIs used in iOS 9. I'm not surprised that app has issues. I'd consider the app dead. Use the Optik Smart Remote instead as that is what looks like replaced the old app.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User
The app you mention was last updated in January 2012 and is designed for iOS 4/5. There are vast differences in the programming and APIs used in iOS 9. I'm not surprised that app has issues. I'd consider the app dead. Use the Optik Smart Remote instead as that is what looks like replaced the old app.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

Funny... I thought the smart remote app was strictly for use on the iPad, at home, on wifi, where it can be used directly with the Optik TV box.

If, as you suggest, the remote record app is dead, then i wish Telus would pull it from the App Store to avoid confusion.