Optik 4K receivers

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour
Hello, I have 3 TV’s. One is 4K others are just HD. PVR on main floor 4K tv in the man cave. But the receiver down there will not play recordings of 4K tv.... why would that be the case? You also can’t rewind in 4K at least on the receiver. Biggest question is why recorded shows in 4K can’t be played on a receiver it says it must be played from the PVR. Thank you!!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Connector

This is a matter of the ware on the box itself. The 4k boxes (non pvr) don't have the ability yet. I imagine they are planning on updating it with an update in the future, must be just a software issue for now. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Neighbour
PS... I have all 4K boxes.
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Connector

This is a matter of the ware on the box itself. The 4k boxes (non pvr) don't have the ability yet. I imagine they are planning on updating it with an update in the future, must be just a software issue for now. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

It will also be an issue of bandwidth. 4K requires a lot of bandwidth and unless the in home network is running full gigabit, it won't work once the software enables that feature. Even then there may be buffering as 4K is usually 25mbps per stream.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Resident

exact same for me.   installer said i didnt matter where the pvr was, as long as it was hardwired.

so we put that in living room on a 100 base connection.(limited at switch, gigabit everywhere else).

the bedroom tv, has the box top  vip5602w and cant playback 4k recordings.  thats where 90% of the tv is watched. omfg.

so i have to run cat5 to there since telus manpower overstates abilities, and switch units.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Can you upgrade the Switch? Gigabit switches are quite inexpensive.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"