Optik 4K issues with Sony Bravia 4K TVs

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Under Settings>General>System information

Client version will state the firmware revision #

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
loopsdude
Connector

My client version is 3.0.32900.440 and 4K issues still remain.  I'm guessing the new firmware isn't pushed to my 4K PVR yet.

Community Power User
Community Power User
Once that changes you know you have the firmware pushed.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Wangbu
Helpful Neighbour
the new client version should be 3.1.33566.453.
loopsdude
Connector
Did this update get pushed to your pvr already?
Wangbu
Helpful Neighbour
yup. yesterday.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
loopsdude
Connector

And your pinkish issue is resolved? What's your Sony tv model number?

@Wangbu wrote:
yup. yesterday.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Wangbu
Helpful Neighbour
Yes. The pinkish issue is resolved. Mine is an XBR850C.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
loopsdude
Connector

That is encouraging.  Mine is xbr55x850d.  

@Wangbu wrote:
Yes. The pinkish issue is resolved. Mine is an XBR850C.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

viperdiablo1
Connector
After reading this forum tonight I restarted my PVR. I got the new update. I have a Sony bravia x810. Never had the pinkish 4k channel issue. But always had a problem with the HDMI handshake. Once I turned the PVR on and tv I always had to switch the input to another then back. Very frustrating. That issue seems to be resolved. Not having the power led indicator made it even harder to tell if the box was off or on. I like the power led indicator. Wish it was a soft white not red but what can you do. Now just waiting for the Netflix 4k app. I would of thought it would have been added to this update
loopsdude
Connector
I started my PVR this morning and got the new firmware. It's all good with my 4K on my Sony.
rdefx
Resident

I have a XBR850C and will not load 4k at all reverts back to720p my original setting?? Also only 4k@ 60Hz is displayed as an option...

XBR900
Neighbour

I have a Sony (55X900A) and I have 4K set top box (VIP5662W) sw version 3.1.33566.453 and things have gotten worse with the new sw update.  I no longer have the choice of 4k @ 24Hz.  Now that that has disappeared as a choice, I am left with only 4K @ 60 hz that does not work at all, and 1080p which works, but that is not the quality I am paying for.

Is there any way to get 24Hz as a choice until they figure out the bug with 60Hz?

Thanks all

rayrayjj
Rockstar
Mine works just fine on 60 Hertz.
BigBob
Resident
I have the same problem. My Sony Bravia XBR 55 850A was working fine on 4k until this update. Now I got no picture only sound. I had to revert back to 1080p
ronh_pm
Neighbour

Is the hue problem (magenta image) with Sony XBR displays now resolved?

BigBob
Resident
Any luck with a fix? I have the same problem
ronh_pm
Neighbour

The last firmware upgrade did not solve this? I am picking up a TV this week and the XBR750D is my preferred set but I need to know that there are no hue issues.

Wangbu
Helpful Neighbour
it did fix mine. i have an XBR850C.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
XBR900
Neighbour

So here is what I have discovered at least as far as my 4K model Sony (KDL-55x900A).  Model years 2013-2015 have the capability of only 4K at 24Hz.  The new firmware upgrade has removed this aspect ratio as an option, leaving only 4K at 60hz.  This is a format that is incompatible with this model tv as a handshake will never occur because of the higher demand for refresh.  

My hope is that TELUS returns the option for 4K @ 24 Hz to the aspect ratio menu selection as this would appear to be the only "fix" for my particular issue.  It may not be ideal, but it is the only way to get the 4K for may to Sony pioneers (those that bought early models).

Please TELUS... re add the 4K @ 24Hz option to the aspect ratio for the "pioneers"

Thanks.