cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optic update

rayrayjj
Rockstar

Has anyone got the new advertised optic TV box update yet,am I the only one still waiting..

8 REPLIES 8

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

In case you've missed all the other posts, the update appears to be delayed. The suspicion is there is some kind of bug that was found.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I hope the bug fixes include the global 104 HD icon.

rayrayjj
Rockstar

What's wrong with 104 Icon??Mines normal.Maybe a little faded.

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Not sure about other provinces, but in BC.... the 104 icon is not appearing for Global.  I've been to several mall kiosks to confirm the situation in recent months.

Others are reporting it too.

http://forum.telus.com/thread/56682/category/Home_Services/board/My_Home_Services_and_Devices/why-do...

broadcastguy
Coach

I received the update on Thursday. A prompt appeared in the evening after downgrading my internet back to Internet 100. A rep said it included new codecs. Not sure if that's the case. 

rayrayjj
Rockstar

So I unplugged my optic box and there was the new update and its kinda cool and different, I like it,I was getting bored with the old boxes,let me no what everyone else thinks about it,I give it a A+,good wrk telus...

@ rayrayj

Glad to hear you like the new improvements.

For more info or to chat with one of our support reps please visit us at: www.telus.com/chat
If you like the comment, please click on the Kudos button.

robotech
Just Moved In

I dont like the new optik tv menus.  It takes too long to go away and gets in the way.  I dont really need to see the show I am watching has 20 minutes left.

The old "previous channel" was better.  It was to the right side with all the previous channels playing so I could see which tv program looked interesting.  And it was not overlaid on top of my current show.  Now the menu appears at bottom of the screen laid on top of my current show I am watching and the little preview windows no longer previews what the previous channels are showing now it shows a logo.  Those previous channel preview windows helped me see which previous channel to go back to to watch.