cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optic TV app doesn't allow me to access channels that I already subscribe to on my tv

Eymho
Friendly Neighbour
Anybody know why this happens?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Not all channels are available to be streamed via the Optik TV Go app. The channel owners have the overall say how their content can be viewed.

Some channels can only be watched over Conventional viewing methods (cable, satellite, IPTV) etc. Or they may allow content to be viewed via a login (with your provider credentials) to their stream portal (example sportsnet or TSN). Or not allow their channels to be viewed (app or browser).

Any specific channels you have a problem with?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Not all channels are available to be streamed via the Optik TV Go app. The channel owners have the overall say how their content can be viewed.

Some channels can only be watched over Conventional viewing methods (cable, satellite, IPTV) etc. Or they may allow content to be viewed via a login (with your provider credentials) to their stream portal (example sportsnet or TSN). Or not allow their channels to be viewed (app or browser).

Any specific channels you have a problem with?

Eymho
Friendly Neighbour
Thanks. Chinese channels, for example, are not available on Optik TV on Demand.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

On demand channels are also decided by the owner of the copyright. Some are happy to allow viewing at any future dae, and some less so. You can usually record the original airing for later viewing.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"