Hello, I redeemed points for On Demand Rewards and one was a five pack which should have been good for 120 days but when I purchased an On Demand Movie yesterday no coupon was applied. Is there a way to see my coupons left before I order the movie that has a cost?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Not sure why this is listed as "Solved" because it is not. I have the same problem. I know where the coupons are "supposed to be". I had six coupons when I subscribed and I know the expiry date. I used three of them, most recently just within the last couple of days. So, same situation here. I went into the "On Demand" yesterday, only to find $3 movies in the "Deals/Coupons" section. There were no coupons there, not even a listing of my used ones. The balance was due to expire in October. Now I have nothing. Since it appears that I am the second one to post about this, TELUS is for some reason deleting coupons!
I have had this same problem two or three times. My coupons wouldnt show up under deals/coupons. After calling Telus they would reinstate the coupons with a new expiry date of 90 days.
The service rep told me that couponing is in the order/ billing system and a data feed is sent to the pvr software. Clearly there is some sort of bug in the feed.
I was also WARNED to ensure that the coupons show up on the pvr. if not you will be charged for the movie even though you have coupons.
The whole couponing system is a mess. Coupons are supposedly valid only for 90 days. Yet i have received coupons which had a 120 day expiry.
Bottom line is be careful and dont expect any fixes for a long time as the software vendors for the pvr vs ordering and billing are different systems which dont play very well together.
Called in today. So apparently despite my coupons showing me that I had a 120 day expiry, it was, in fact, according to the rep, only 90 days because there is apparently no 120 day option for coupons. He kept referring to a "template" and some back-end issue as he has received other calls on the same issue. Despite TELUS knowing about issues, I'm not sure why it takes them so long to fix things, similar to the ongoing problems with the radio channels that will apparently take months to fix. Also, I am not sure why they don't contact customers about known problems or post on on their website. If your missing coupons were reinstated for 90 days, consider yourself lucky because mine were (supposedly) reinstated for only 30 days yet they will not show up on my system for at least 24 hours according to the rep. Also, once your coupons expire (legitimately or otherwise), the entire history is immediately erased from the system so there is no way to even see the history of your coupons used.
1. I was told by the rep that all coupons are for 90 days only. So why did my previous coupons show a 120 day expire? no answer. my guess is as they developed the couponing system they have now decided that all future coupons expire in 90 days.
2. my missing coupons were reinstated for 90 days. I am not sure why they did not provide you the same courtesy. maybe i tend to be very demanding.
3. the software systems as i mentioned are all probably from different vendors. its possible that only the vendors can make software changes which would explain why these changes take so long to implement.
4. i will also told it takes 24-48 hours for your coupons to show up in the pvr menu from the time of selecting your reward.
5. absolutely make sure your coupons display on the pvr before using them or else you will be billed for the movie.
6. on my pvr it is still showing coupons that are marked “used” from june. i have noticed that eventually this history will disappear as you stated.
7. as for Telus keeping us updated on problems, my guess is negative news isnt good for marketing. I find this forum the best place for support as other customers post their problems and get more up to date information and support.
Most of this makes sense. A little worried about "I was told by the rep that all coupons are for 90 days only" when the rep emphasized that my coupons will only be good for 30 days. I was surprised that the whole history was erased within days of ordering but the system did say "Coupon Available" before I ordered. I always check my coupon credits before ordering. Hopefully, my missing credits will appear.
Got my credits reinstated but missing one credit from my history. The TV is showing an expiry of 90 days but the reps say that they are only good for 30 days. This is maddening. Also, I must have watched a movie on the "last" day before they yanked my credits. I am hoping the system processed it before yanking the credits entirely, otherwise I'll end up being charged and will have to call yet again.
All reward Coupons are valid for 90 days. If a rep told you 30 days, I believe that only applies to replacement coupons a rep can give you and I believe the rep can set expiry for a replacement coupon. He/She should have set it to 90 days.
I received replacement coupons and they were all 90 days.