cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New slimline 2 remote won't sync with TV

Kmeleskie
Friendly Neighbour
I just received a replacement slimline 2 remote. Following the directions to set it up, when I press the optik button the led doesn't flash (it only stays lit in solid green) and doesn't allow me to enter my TV code. Pressing the TV button the led also does not flash red.
When I hit the optik button it's turning the PVR on, but nothing happens with the TV button.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
9 REPLIES 9

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Step "7" on pressing the OK button was my biggest mistake in programming my remotes.

I have this information already- my post states that I did all these steps and it didn't work. The optik button doesn't flash green- only stays solid.. And the tv button doesn't flash red at all.

wayland
Friendly Neighbour

point remote at tv- hold "options" in bottom right corner- "tv" will flash twice- enter 00 followed by your tv's two digit code- hold power until tv shuts off then press ok. if you dont have a name brand tv, HOLD power down after punching in 0029

Kmeleskie
Friendly Neighbour
Nothing is flashing- I've mentioned that twice now. I have the instructions.!

Kmeleskie
Friendly Neighbour
To clarify, when I press the options button the light stays green and turns on the PVR right away- since I got this replacement remote, neither LED lights will flash, so it won't let me program the remote to turn on the tv.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

This post refers to completing a factory reset. IF a factory reset is not possible, you may have a faulty remote which needs to be returned.

BTW, when I press the options button (lower right of remote) on my remote, the PVR stays off. Might you be confusing the Optik button & the Options button in your descriptions?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Kmeleskie
Friendly Neighbour
I don't have a mode button- I have the slimline 2 remote.
Yes I'm pressing optik and not options.. the light just stays green and shuts off/on the PVR right away, it doesn't flash.
When I press the tv button there is no red light- ever...
this was a replacement remote for a broken one, surprising it doesn't work..

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you're trying to program the remote for your TV, the instructions for the Slimline 2 remote clearly say to use Options. Neither remote uses the Optik power button to try program it for your TV. The link WestCoasterBC posted below two weeks ago has the instructions.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂