New PVR...can recordings be switched ?

Irishgranny
Ambassador

Need a new PVR.but have many movies etc already recorded on my own one.  Can these be transferred to new one ?  If not, could I use my old PVR  with a second tv as a digital box and still have access to recordings ?

Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Unfortunately the recordings are encrypted and can only be played from the original PVR they were recorded on. If you switch PVRs you will not be able to keep the old recordings. I had the same issue when my old PVR had problems and got replaced.

Optik currently allows a single PVR. If you have another PVR, the old one will act as a plain Optik box and won't have access to the recordings.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Community Power User
Community Power User
If you get a new pvr you will lose all recordings as they can't be transferred. Only your "scheduled shows and times" will be transferred over.

Only one PVR can be used.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Irishgranny
Ambassador

That's what I was afraid of, but thought I should check....guess I'll be doing some marathon movie watching in the next few days !  Thanks.

Community Power User
Community Power User
Some of your shows maybe available on demand as well. So perhaps less marathon watching will be needed.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.