Netflix works on one TV but not another

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
garyfitzgerald
Neighbour

I just installed Optik TV + Internet 150. All is good (so far) except that I can access Netflix on one of my 2 TVs but not on the other. I have a T3200M modem and one of the TVs connects directly to it via a coax cable. The coax attaches to the coax jack on the T3200M, plugs into a ECB6200 Moca  to convert to CAT 5, which plugs into a VIP5662W digital box at the TV, and finally HDMI to the TV. When I access Netflix (ch 422) and click OK, a momentary screen with the revolving "in progress" indicator appears, and then jumps back to the red Netflix logo.

The second TV is connected wirelessly using a VIP5602W digital box + HDMI. It starts up Netflix with no problem e.g. it asks for the email and password, and then I'm in to the homepage.  

We have a Netflix accoun that has worked without problem on many different devices.

Any thoughts? I have not consulted Telus yet, in case it is a simple answer (hopefully a solution).

Community Power User
Community Power User

So the only box that is having issues is the one using the MoCA adapter? That's odd. Any problems with the other channels like on demand?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
garyfitzgerald
Neighbour

A quick sampling of other on demand channels (pay, $1 on demand movies, individual network on demand free stuff) had no problems accessing the material. Retried Netflix and still same problem - a few seconds on the "Optik/"Loading, please wait..." screen and then back to the red Netflix logo.

Gayle
Connector

Did you ever get an answer to this?  I am having same problem

Most Helpful
garyfitzgerald
Neighbour
Hi,

I got it resolved through a lengthy LiveChat session. Telus tried a couple of things - I rebooted the digital box at the problem TV (unplug it and plug it back in), they reloaded the digital box from their end, they checked for driver updates, etc., but nothing worked. Finally they reloaded all of the services in my Optik system remotely - several minutes of the TV going off and on...and after that Netflix started properly on both TVs. So I can't tell you what the specifix fix was, but they got it done. The usual first step is always the suggestion to "reboot" any equipment - pull the power plug, count to 30 seconds, and plug it back in. This causes some kind of a reload, but I don't know if their solution went further than a reboot would.

Hope this is useful.

Gary

Virus-free. www.avast.com
Gayle
Connector

Thanks gary. Reboot didn't work so I may call them later.  It just seems odd it works on one.

garyfitzgerald
Neighbour
Hi Gayle,

Yes it is odd. In our setup we have one direct connect TV from the modem (a coax cable connection - the one that didn't get Netflix), and one that was a wireless connection (this one was OK). So there may have been a configuration issue because the links are different. Reloading everything according to what the Telus server has for our hookup configuration was the answer. Wipe everything out and reload a clean copy of everything (even though most of it is fine already).

Good luck.

Gary

Virus-free. www.avast.com
Gayle
Connector

Thats exactly what mine was. Took awhile but we did manage to get it going.  Same method by the sounds of it.

Just about at the point of booking a tech when it started configuring.

What a circus. And then my phone dropped the server. Ha Ha . Well at least i was already on the line with them so

all good now.

Thanks again for your help.