Netflix Error 500

Harvey
Resident

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help me out with this. I have been constantly receiving the Netflix error 500 whenever i try to log on. I have restarted my TVs, the main PVR and the 2 STBs and the modems but havent been able to get Netflix working. Any idea how to tackle this issue?

Thank you

Community Power User
Community Power User

There have been some issues with the new 4K PVR units, have you one of those?  Else, I wonder if an update was pushed that affected the Netflix App.

As a workaround, have you a Netflix App on your smart TV?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you use a VPN or any similar service with a changed DNS in your router/modem. It can prevent you from using netflix on the Optik box (geolocation). Not sure if you use one or not. If you do remove the hard coded DNS reboot the modem/router and optik boxes affected, then access Netflix again.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Diana12
Resident
I also have this problem for a least a month now. And I am getting no where with technical support. I was told to call netflix account is fine and worse other devices but not with the telus boxes. Netflix says telus has not updated their system to be compatible with them. Why am I paying for unlimited streaming if the box doesn't work and why can't I get some help from telus? Maybe Shaw is better.
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you trying to stream 4K?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"