I have a Sharp Aquos and Optik PVR. The PVR remote has been paired to the TV since I subscribed to Telus ~7 years ago. Today, all of a sudden the remote has lost it's pairing and I cannot get it set up.
1. Hold TV and OK > buttons blink twice
2. Tried each of these: 1138, 1176, 1177, 1214, 1244, 1247, 1248, 1348, 1350, 1415, 1416 > TV blinks 3 times
3. Press Power button -> PVR turns off but the TV stays on
Any ideas what would cause this, and what I'm doing wrong?
Those are the correct codes for the standard remote for older Sharp HDTVs. Considering the remotes age, when it was first programmed it may be using something different. Did you try auto-searching for the code?
Auto-Searching the Code Library for TV or DVD Mode Codes
(Program Code 922)
Note: This procedure only applies to TVs and DVDs.
Thanks for the reply, but auto-searching hasn't helped. This is what I tried:
1. Turn on TV.
2. Press TV and OK buttons. Mode buttons blink.
3. Enter 9 2 2. TV button blinks.
4. Press Play. Nothing happens.
5. Press FF. Nothing happens.
6. Repeat step 4-5 several times.
There's no indicator as to what code is selected, so I'm not sure how many times I'm supposed to do this before giving up, or how long I should wait between presses. I gave it 1 sec pauses between FF and Play and tried about 20 times.
Note: The Menu button DOES bring up the TV options screen, but none of the other buttons work. So there's partial pairing at least.
Maybe call in and ask for one of the new slimline remotes. The one you have has been discontinued for some time now. The replacement is free and if you don't want to play 20 questions with tech support, just tell them there is no power and you've already swapped the batteries. They'll mail you the replacement. It may have better luck with Sharp.