Low volume

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident
Anyone having low volume with optik TV? Only happens with one TV and one receiver. Other Tvs get good volume. Changed cables, changed hook ups (hdmi, RCA etc.), reset box with no change. Switched audio settings no success. Ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hello, there is a strong possibility that the internal volume on your digital box is not set to 25. Basically, if your remote is configured to control the digital box audio, the volume would cycle through a range of Muted to 25. Depending on your remote, you can test this by setting the mode to either STB or Optik TV and then raising the volume to 25. However, if it can exceed 25 while set to either mode, then it's controlling your TV set which is not what we want. You would need to set the volume button to control only the Set Top Box (temporarily) max the volume to 25 and then set it back to control the TV. The steps will vary a little depending on your remote though, if you do need to do this. So please let me know what remote you're using. : )

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Advocate

Had this issue before, contacted tech support at https://www.telus.com/chat  and they were able to guide me to do a factory reset on the remote and resolved low audio on just one box. 

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hello, there is a strong possibility that the internal volume on your digital box is not set to 25. Basically, if your remote is configured to control the digital box audio, the volume would cycle through a range of Muted to 25. Depending on your remote, you can test this by setting the mode to either STB or Optik TV and then raising the volume to 25. However, if it can exceed 25 while set to either mode, then it's controlling your TV set which is not what we want. You would need to set the volume button to control only the Set Top Box (temporarily) max the volume to 25 and then set it back to control the TV. The steps will vary a little depending on your remote though, if you do need to do this. So please let me know what remote you're using. : )

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Advocate

Had this issue before, contacted tech support at https://www.telus.com/chat  and they were able to guide me to do a factory reset on the remote and resolved low audio on just one box.