cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Optik PVR model numbers

vishwa
Leader

Could someone in the know shed a little light on the model numbers of the latest optik PVR box numbers.  I know they start with ISB instead of CIS.  However, there is a 7050, 7500, 71xx etc.  My cix-430 seems to be very slow and also I see a lot of pixellation especially in CNN programs that I record and watch.  As an example, I recently recorded that story on real American sniper and I could not watch it at all.

So, I was thinking about buying a newer model from Kijiji but am confused about the model number.  Thanks for all the replies.

31 REPLIES 31

rayrayjj
Rockstar

NP @Vishwa, crave is the best $4 I have ever spent,I'll have to watch curb your enthusiasm and see what its all about because your not the first to say it's good I'm the same way I give them two episodes and if I don't like I go to the next,I sorta got into marvel agent of shield to,I use to think I was kinda stupid till I watch a few episodes and kinda got into it now for a bed time show after the news,I also recommend band of brothers, I just finished x-men and gonna give curb your enthusiasm a try..

cafekief
Ambassador

I have the isb7150, its pretty good, so i am seeing three to four models for the pvr's. What about set top boxes?? i ask though live chat and the current one is CIS330 and the last time the technician came out he said their two more model that have a better processor(faster). HELP? o ya, i just got a two gear boxes and then a red X and then i unplug it and its gone!!

cafekief
Ambassador

why wouldn't telus put in the t2200? i have the t1200?

the telus tech has replace the router/modem from the dlink to v1000h to the t1200

iv'd had the routers ip address and overall system uptime was 5 days and the DSL up for 1 minute, why is that?

rayrayjj
Rockstar

@cafekief:I have the 7150 and 3 ,,7105's

cafekief
Ambassador

is the 7105's set top boxes? are they good? 😃

rayrayjj
Rockstar

I think there great,great picture,smooth and fast compared to the old Cisco's.. I recommend them..

cafekief
Ambassador

k, thanks for the recommendation!! what about the t2200?

cafekief
Ambassador

the 7105 ar wireless, i don't need wireless right now, what about hard wired? 😃

vishwa
Leader

I think 7100 is the wired version of the newer models.  T2200 is only given when there is bonding needed to get the speed.  If you can get it with a single line, you don't need T2200.  Other than the bonded lines, they are identical.

rayrayjj
Rockstar

Isn't the 2200 dual band???

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Read my reply on the other page..