If I setup optic on the go on my tablet will it allow me to watch live tv outside of Canada

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Wondering if optic on the go is available outside of Canada 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Connector

The only way is buy the slingbox from London drugs.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Connector

The only way is buy the slingbox from London drugs.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

No. It will only function within Canada. There may be a possibility that if you are able to use a VPN while overseas that makes it look like you are in Canada that it may work but I haven't heard of anyone doing that yet.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Neighbour

Set up a VPN in your home computer and connect to it from anywhere. This way you can watch all channels available in the app, including the ones that have a green house icon, which require you to be in your home network.

Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

SurfEasy VPN allows me to use Optik on the Go when in the US on my laptop.... does not work on my phone or tablet as Optik on the Go appears to also check the GPS.

Optik on the Go is great to catch up on your local home news.

For TV shows.... I just use Kodi now..... there is no geographic location limitation.