How to program pvr remote for tv

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident
Remote programming
Highlighted
Good Samaritan

There are 2 types of TELUS Remote, here's how to program each remote:

A. Curve end remote

> On top of TELUS Remote, press and hold the TV button down then press the OK button for about 3 seconds.
> After 3 seconds, release both buttons and your top four (mode) buttons should flash red twice. If it does not flash, please repeat step.
> Enter the numbers 9 2 2. The TV button should blink twice to indicate a successful entry.
>  Point the remote toward the TV set and then press the PLAY button.
> Your TV will turn off when it finds the correct code. If it does not power off right away, you may need to tap on the POWER button several times until your TV code has been found by the remote control.
>  Once your TV set does turn off, lock the code into your remote control by pressing on the ENTER button on the bottom right side of the remote control.

B. Slimline Remote

> Tap the "Mode" button until the red TV light on your remote control starts flashing.
> Press and hold the "Mode" button for 3 seconds, until the TV light flashes twice.
> Enter the code for your TV brand. Those codes can be found at: http://www.telus.com/content/help/common/pdf/slimline_remote_control/Remote_Insert_-_English.pdf
The light will flash twice after successful input of the code.
> Press and hold the "Power" button. When your TV switches off, remove your finger from the "Power" button.
> Next, press the "OK" button. The red TV light should flash twice.
> Press the "Power" button again to switch your TV back on.
> Tap the "Mode" button until the green OPTIK light is illuminated at the top of your remote to switch back to controlling your set top box.

Highlighted
Resident

Hi, re. 'A'  my remote does not have 'OK' button

Highlighted
Advocate

This site will show you the two types of Optik TV Remotes and will guide you on how to program it: http://www.telus.com/get-help/tv/topic.do

Highlighted
Resident
I have a UHF pro over remote how can I get it programmed to my samsung smart tv
Highlighted
Good Samaritan

Your TELUS Satellite remote control can be programmed to function for your television set as well. To (auto) program the remote control for your TV set, please do the following:
1)  Turn on your TELUS Satellite TV receiver as well as your TV set.
2)  Press and hold the TV button at the top of the remote. When all four mode buttons at the top light up, release the TV button.
3)  Press the larger POWER button. Some remotes only have one power button. If so, press that one.
4)  Next, press the UP Arrow button repeatedly until your TV set turns off.
5)  Press the pound (#) button on the remote to confirm.
6)  Lastly, turn on just the TV set by itself (by using the original TV remote or the power button on the TV set) then press the power button on the TELUS remote to test whether you’re able to turn off the TV set and receiver at the same time. As well, try out the volume to ensure that is also working.

Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
Highlighted
Resident

trying to program my slim remote, i tried every come, waht do i do, when none of the codes connect to my tv?

Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

@danielpetke wrote:

trying to program my slim remote, i tried every come, waht do i do, when none of the codes connect to my tv?

To clarify... what TV make and model do you have?

Highlighted
Advocate

Here are the instructions in a more simpler form.

If you could provide the make and model of your tv, I'll be more than happy to get the four digit codes if none of the two digit codes work.

Codes for TV Brand

Funai                  11

Insignia              21
LG                       15
Panasonic         13
Philips                19
RCA                     20
Samsung           18
Sanyo                  12
Sharp                  14
Sony                    17
Toshiba              16
Vizio                     10
Other*                  29

BEFORE PROGRAMMING:

Make sure you are 6-8 feet from the TV set.

Make sure the TV and the STB are on.

Make sure the STB volume is set to 25, testing either with the remote or by querying the STB in Synopsis.

1. Press the MODE button until the TV light flashes red once.
  2. Hold the MODE button until the TV light flashes twice.
  3. As soon as the TV light flashes the second time, release the MODE button and enter the two digit remote code. The TV light will flash twice.
  4. As soon as the TV light flashes the second time, HOLD the POWER button and point it at the TV. While holding the power button, the red TV light will flash every second.
  5. As soon as the TV turns off, release the POWER button.
  6. Press the OKAY button. The TV light flashes twice.
  7. Turn the TV back on with the POWER button.
  8. Press MODE twice until the green OPTIK light flashes on the remote.
  9. Make sure you can change volume, change channels, access the guide, and make sure that when you press POWER, both the STB and the TV turn off.

FACTORY RESETTING THE RUWIDO REMOTE

1. Press the MODE button until the TV light flashes red once.
  2. Hold the OPTIONS button until the TV light flashes twice.
  3. As soon as the light flashes a second time, enter 1-0-0-0.
  4. If successful, the OPTIK light will flash twice.
For more info or to chat with one of our support reps please visit us at: www.telus.com/chat
If you like the comment, please click on the Kudos button.
Highlighted
Neighbour
I have a slimline remote and a Polaroid TV. I cannot get the remote to recognize the TV. Please advise.
Highlighted
Neighbour

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

If it's a flatscreen, it looks like Polaroid entered the HDTV market in 2010. They aren't listed in the slimline remote guide for the two or four digit codes as they are likely not common enough (or at all). Did you try the "Other" code for the remote? (29)

The one problem is that for the more uncommon brands or store branded TVs, there is usually no real support for them unless you can figure out who made the actual innards / main board. In this case, Starlight International manufactures them for Polaroid (http://www.polaroid.com/news/2010/starlight-manufacture-and-market-lcd-tvs-under-err).

Sometimes codes for other more common brands will work. Philips, Hitachi or Emerson MIGHT work based on the other brands Starlight is listed as manufacturing in the press release. Philips is the only one on the 2 digit remote code list > 19.

http://www.telus.com/content/help/common/pdf/slimline_remote_control/Remote_Insert_-_English.pdf

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Neighbour
I checked the specs on the back of the Polaroid TV. The model number is 9007 and it was manufactured in June 2006. Can that help you find a code? (Yes, I tried the "other" option 29, and I held the button for several minutes.)
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

One that old will be very difficult. Very little information is available and that model doesn't come up in a search. Though I did find out Polaroid TVs from 2006 appear to randomly catch fire.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I agree... if you want only one remote.... consider a Harmony device for wider devices supported...

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/logitech-logitech-harmony-650-universal-remote-control-915-00016...

Highlighted
Neighbour
Yikes about the fire! But fortunately, it wasn't my model. Thanks for trying to help with the remote issue!
Highlighted
Resident
Thank you, this totally helped! 🙂
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I just bought a new RCA TV today and no codes work, even 29. I've tried about 20 times, getting frustrated!

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

I just bought a new RCA TV today and no codes work, even 29. I've tried about 20 times, getting frustrated!

It seems RCA sells their name to any electronics manufacturer who applies, so it could be any or no codes work for your particular set. I have the same issue with a Fluid brand I bought a few years ago. Still no codes, so I am stuck with using multiple remotes.

Search RCA on these fora for previous discussions.

NFtoBC 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Neighbour

im trying to connect my telus remote to my fluid tv but it doesnt seem to want to work, anyone help

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you tried the codes in the programming guide? There are several for Fluid TVs.

static.telus.com/common/cms/files/get-help/Optik_4_Digit_Codes_for_Remote.pdf

Codes: Fluid  -  2353 2331 2330 1998 1973

See the above link for instructions how to use them.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@sammyblamo 

I have an older Fluid TV, and have had no success finding a code which works.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

I think it may come down to who made the board in the TV. It's an issue with a lot of generic store brands. I saw in one place that some LG codes may work, if the TV has a certain board in it.

Highlighted
Neighbour
Yes but my remote keeps turning on my other TV same room, and not sure how
to reset it Iv looked and it only shows the black optic remote resets

S.H
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Do you have the old Cisco remote? http://static.telus.com/common/cms/files/get-help/programming_your_optik_tv_remote.pdf

Highlighted
Neighbour
It's kinda like that one but the pvr buttons are lower down in the middle
of the remote

S.H
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Do you have Telus Optik TV or Satellite TV? It sounds like you are describing the satellite remote.

Is it this one?

Highlighted
Neighbour

yea that's it, i figured out how to reset it...

i looked every where none of the codes seem to work....

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

That is the Satellite remote. None of the codes posted here for Optik will work as it's completely unrelated to them. I could not find a list of codes for the satellite remote but only these instructions. There is a possibility that your TV is not supported by that remote but try the instructions and see if they work.