cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change default settings on PVR series record

e_canuck
Just Moved In

Everytime I try to change the settings on series record on the Optik TV PVR remote from "first run and rerun" to "first run only" the series record notation goes away and no recording is set up. This happens whether I try to do it at the first attempt to set up recording or if I set up to record the series and then try to change the settings to record first airing only. I want to change this because the PVR has automatically recorded re-runs of series I had set up to record in the past and it's quite confusing looking at the recordings, trying to figure if a new season of a series has now started and has been recorded when it's actually the same old series re-recorded.

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Normally if it goes away / shows nothing scheduled to record, there are no new episodes coming up in the next couple weeks. I see that on my PVR when I choose first run only and the season has already ended. Also be mindful of the channel being recorded. If new episodes are appearing on another channel, you'll have to update the settings on the recording.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks for your reply. That's not actually the case with this series, it's just starting tonight. It allows me to record it but only if I don't touch the default settings, that is, leave them as recording reruns as well as the original air dates.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Which series, and on which channel?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂