cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many HD items can run at one time?

Armie
Neighbour

New install fibre to house. Recording 2 HD show watching 1 HD show can't watch 2nd HD show. Reports too many HD must watch SD show. Thought I could have 5 HD at one time with Optik TV

12 REPLIES 12

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's usually 3HD+1SD unless Telus has some new un-advertised plan out there. The PVR currently only supports 3 HD streams.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Armie
Neighbour

G.Morning @Armie: Please review your last post-Apparently you sent it with the "Post-Subject only" The question it's been already answered by Nighthawk. Try again to comment on it. When it comes to Send & Save the New ver. UI it has some issues-PS re-design team fix this. CU

ATTENTION: Latest Post Update: Armie reported case resolved-with 4 HD streams. Keep posting on: http://forum.telus.com/

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?

Armie
Neighbour

Armie
Neighbour

After talks and adjustments by Telus techs now have 4 HD streams. Promised upgrade to 5 streams by July.

rayrayjj
Rockstar

I get 4 HD streams,its new to telus and the rep said soon they will have 5 HD streams..So I can record 3hd and watch 1 HD channel or I can watch 4 HD channels at the same time ,you have to check with telus to see if your area supports 4 HD streams..

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

5 HD should pretty much be rolling out everywhere. Only thing preventing me getting it was the old PVR 430-500 box i bought refurbished from futureshop for $50. The telus installer will swap mine out for free to the new 7150 when the get more in middle of FEB. Says they can't keep up with installs. 

Not a bad deal a refurb for $50 and will get their latest for nothing 7150 for free.

I will then be 5HD 1 SD. Only on 2HD 1SD for now. Will take 10 min to swap out and make the necessary changes when they get them back in stock.

2HD 1SD means you have limited bandwidth. (Usually ADSL2+ 15mbps) Did they say how they are going to increase it to cover 5HD?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have 50MBps with range extender.  Just what the installer said give me 2hd 1sd for now. Said once I get the 7150 I will get 5hd 1 sd. 

He was probably just lazy as I ran all the cat5 drops and terminated everything. He just did the outside work and plugged all the devices in.

MacD1
Just Moved In

So far I am not impressed. We switched our cable, phone and internet recently. When we signed up for Telus we were told we would be able to record up to 6 programs at the same time. So far if we are recording ONE HD program we can't watch any live HD TV channels. I have spoken to a service rep and it seems they simply shrug and say it is the way it is. Quite honestly sorry we switched. Not impressed at all!

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
What speed of Internet service was offered you? Lower speeds are an indication of the lessened ability to carry multiple HD streams.

You should be able to record one, and view at least one program (2 total) and realistically record 2 while watching 1.

I recommending calling and asking for a technician review of your service.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Hi,

I've had Telus Optik for a week now and I'm in an area where I can get 5 simultaneous HD feeds.  I thought my question was obvious and simple but I can't seem to find it anywhere.  If I am watching a recorded show, does that mean my system can still accommodate 5 HD feeds (for example watch a recorded show while recording 5 HD shows).

Thanks