How do I set a reminder for optik tv?

SOLVED
Resident

How do I set a reminder for optik tv?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
TELUS Employee

Hey,

If by reminder you mean a reminder when a show will be broadcasted, unfortunately we don't have this feature at the moment.

H_D

View solution in original post

Does your Optik have PVR to record?  Just record the program and you'll never miss the beginning.

Hey Russty! No way to set a reminder only with Optik TV.  A great suggestion I have forwarded to our TV department which you as well can send comments, suggestions to   tvfeedback@telus.com

20 REPLIES 20
Connector

I would say if Shaw offers it then get the lead out of your ass Telus .
Of people that visit us and ask about the features of Optik, it gets the most " huhs and your kiddings " because its not there .
Neighbour

I am new to Optik from Shaw and I too already miss the reminder option

I never used the reminder when I was with Shaw. I found that recording it was much more useful. It gave me the ability to watch it whether I had the TV on or not.

Yep , its a major blunder skipping that option .

Also , I wish there was a way to not have to view every channels video when scrolling through  the guide . I find the guide clunky and slow compared to my old sat system.

CPU Alum
CPU Alum

To clarify... what would "auto tune" give you?

Was set to tune to new episodes of a bunch of different shows when I'm home on break .

All-Star

The Optik Smart Remote app has reminder function. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I get "Failed" message trying to set it.

I'm not sure how useful it would be even if it does work as there isn't an option to set a reminder for a specific episode of a program, just "All episodes" and "New Episodes only".

Used to have Shaw DIrect and they had options to Remind or Automatically Tune to the Program you selected on the Guide. I reluctantly overcame this by just Recording the program. If you missed the Start time of the program you can go to Recordings menu and start watching from the beginning AND Fast Forward through the commercials!

I just switched from years of Telus satellite to Optik ( I moved , they talked me into it ) . If I would have known Optik didnt have auto tune I would have never had it installed. How can you have a system with that much potential and neglect to have one of the best features ever.

On a side note , is this forum the slowest forum on the internet or is it just my computer ?

Resident

Reminder would be nice for channels that do not record.
TELUS Employee

Hey,

If by reminder you mean a reminder when a show will be broadcasted, unfortunately we don't have this feature at the moment.

H_D

How is telling us that it optik doesnt have the feature mark the question as solved? As of Saturday NHL is available on 4 channels at the same time and I dont necessarly want to record all of them (also I cant as I can only record 3 programs at once) I would like a reminder if a game is starting so I can decide if I would rather watch that one or the one Im watching at the time... PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE!!

SamvK is absolutely correct! This is not solved! As a matter of fact it may be a deal breaker for me as I have not yet signed a contract and an on a month to month. This is still a feature I am missing. It has stopped  a number of possible new customers for Telus when they asked me about what I did not like.

This should not be a major programming issue to add. Telus wants imput, but is not listening to what we want

Community Power User

The closest that is currently available is the Optik app on cell/tablet. I believe it has reminders.

The feature is something that has been requested for some time but Telus hasn't been able to get the company that currently owns and develops the software to put it in yet. There would have to be changes done to both the back end software as well as the software on the boxes, along with a lot of testing before the manufacturer would release it to Telus. It's not a simple overnight process. Depending on the complexity of the programming it can take some time to get a stable release complete.

I still find it sad that this feature is a deal breaker. How many years have people survived without it so far? 60 years? 70 years?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Hang on Skippy, no one asked you to pass judgement on what features anyone values. 60 or 70 years ago you did not have a remote either. Are you willing to get your butt up to change channels?

The whole point is that Telus has considered this closed. It is not. And this is not a new request if you would bother to read the whole post. As far as programming, please I am a tech and programmer running my own company.

I went on a month to month to evaluate if I wanted to switch The Telus sales went aggressive on their pitch. I do not need to give up any features I had, and certainly not with a pending increase before even starting.

Please try to contribute in a positive way as I really do not care if you feel sad or not.

Community Power User

So if you are an actual tech and a programmer as you claim, you'll understand the complexity of something like the Mediaroom middleware platform and at the very least understand what would likely be involved with making the change requested along with the quality assurance testing to ensure stable reliable operation on different hardware.

As I am sure you are aware, this is a web forum. The original poster of the thread may consider their question answered and have selected one of the responses as such. It doesn't mean that Telus has written this off or that this is a closed issue.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Community Power User

Telus used to have this feature back when it was just Telus TV. After they switched to Mediaroom as the software running the boxes, the feature to autotune or remind was lost.

Does your Optik have PVR to record?  Just record the program and you'll never miss the beginning.

Hey Russty! No way to set a reminder only with Optik TV.  A great suggestion I have forwarded to our TV department which you as well can send comments, suggestions to   tvfeedback@telus.com

Will you be adding this option??  I just switched from cable, and while I know it may sound like a small thing to you, I used the remind feature constanly and honestly wouldn't have switched yet had I know that wasn't available with Telus!!