cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hook up tv to optic receiver

rayrayjj
Rockstar

I'm just wondering if I can hook up my smart tv to my optic receiver???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rayrayjj
Rockstar

Had it hooked up to receiver and had so much leg i couldn't stand it so back to wifi and its hooked up to my 5g and its so its much faster....

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, using the HDMI connector.

If you want to hook it up to the internet, you will need to connect it to your router / gateway with either an ethernet cable or to your WiFi signal (some TV only). You cannot get an internet connection from the Optik box.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

rayrayjj
Rockstar

Well it seems to be working so far,I'm gonna disconnect the WiFi and see if it works..

rayrayjj
Rockstar

Had it hooked up to receiver and had so much leg i couldn't stand it so back to wifi and its hooked up to my 5g and its so its much faster....

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Your question sounds like you are trying to hook it up to watch TV. If you're trying to get an internet connection, don't connect the ethernet line from your TV to the Optik box. It's not going to work well.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

No it didn't Wrk worth **bleep**,it had some sort of super tv leg where the words
didn't match the mouth and I was scared and thought I might have wrecked my
$3800 tv but unplugged it and back to normal thank goodness..why wouldn't it Wrk thou??Doesn't make sense why it would not work...