Has anyone noticed their 4K PVR slow when skipping ahead or back lately?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Advisor

I would be surprised. Most likely Telus waiting for us to forget how it was.

This thread was marked "solved" too.

Highlighted
Connector

Hi Scoto, 

Just wondering if you have heard anything on yhis issue lately? Its just kind of sad that the 4k pvr hardware is being handcuffed so it doesng perform to its full potential. 🤐

Highlighted
Ambassador

It really is a shame that such a powerful box is held hostage to bad code.  I don't see it happening soon.  We will be lucky if it happens.  Wait and see.

Highlighted
Connector

Still waiting on the fix! Does anyone have updates regarding this issue?

Community Power User
Community Power User
No timeline for an update to the software. It should be corrected next release.
But sometimes they’re 2-4 months away or longer. Have to just be patient.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Advisor

but getting worse in the mean time as I wrote the other day and today.

Highlighted
Resident

I am using the UIW8001.  It is beside my computer, plugged into my second 4k screen. In case I want to watch news. The other Telus box is connected to my LG TV.

Highlighted
Resident

Hi,

I recently got a new technicolor UIW8001 4k Pvr and was wanting to know in comparsion with the Arris 4k pVR  is Technicolor running  any better or any difference with Picture Quality.

I have noticed it outputs 4K @ 30HZ

Highlighted
Connector

Any news on the software update? It seems this has been forgotten.

Highlighted
Connector

Hi Scoto, any news on this? Its been 10 months now and I havent forgotten how good it was before that software upgrade ended up downgrading the experience.

Highlighted
Advisor

wow, you are an optimist. The fact the thread was marked "solved" wasn't a big enough clue 🙂

They count on that you will forget. And most do. They just get used to the new way. And the few who don't forget don't matter.

Same thing happening now with Gmail. I hate when they break something that was working but you stop using it or get used to it.

Hate be be political, but this pretend they care (gmail...oh you can switch back ...a month later ...not anymore) but then they do what ever they want, is the same as .... here is vote... you are in charge.....but the result is never what you want. It's just theater for those who can't tell the difference.

Highlighted
Resident
Why does this problem say 'solved'
This problem had been going on for a year. Telus 4k boxes are crap. I had a faster pvr in 2008!
Highlighted
Resident
You can call them and ask to bring you a regular hd box. The older boxes don't have the lag