Had anyone here experience unexpected shut down and restart of Optik TV?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

Hello there. My name is Paul. I am an electronic technologist. I am completing my technincal diploma in ITS. I will be taking additional courses toward a technical degree over the next two years. A few weeks ago I experienced the shut down and restart of my Telus digital box right in the middle of a program I was  recording. I was fortunate to record its repeat at a later time. Had you experience similar shut down? If so please let me know. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Connector

Hi Paul,

This is something that we encounter at the technical support department, but as we have alot of customers, it's not something that is common.

if you see this happening again, I would definitively suggest contacting the technical support (24 / 7) -> 310-TECH (8324)

Yves
Member of the Telus team
Assure FFH (Internet & IPTV Tech support)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Friendly Neighbour

Yes, all the time...

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Connector

Hi Paul,

This is something that we encounter at the technical support department, but as we have alot of customers, it's not something that is common.

if you see this happening again, I would definitively suggest contacting the technical support (24 / 7) -> 310-TECH (8324)

Yves
Member of the Telus team
Assure FFH (Internet & IPTV Tech support)

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Friendly Neighbour

Yes, all the time...

Highlighted
Resident

Optik TV PVR digital box has auto shut down. When not in use for 4 hours the digital box will automatically enter standby mode. Call technical support department to change to 24 hr. 310-6988.