Global news BC1

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour
Why is Telus not offering Global News BC1 to their customers?

I want to watch the news but it is not offered to me. I want to watch news when I want and not have to wait until 5am-12-5-6-or 11pm.

I reached out to Shaw and they said they would love to offer BC1 to telus. But Telus is refusing to sign on. Can you explain Why?
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Knowing Shaw they probably want too much for it. No one at Telus or Shaw will ever say why Telus isn't carrying the channel. From what I was able to find online, Shaw is the only cable provider in the province offering the channel.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
I too am a news addict, but I compliment my TV content with internet sites like News1130.

Here's a link that you might want to regularly check
http://globalnews.ca/bc/videos/program/bc-1/
Highlighted
Resident

Same here. I just switched from SHAW and was greatly saddened at the loss of viewing BC1 ...

Would love someone from TELUS to comment on this...

Highlighted
Connector
Global has applied (or will soon apply) to the CRTC to establish a 24 hour National News Channel like their competitors CTV and CBC...this may end Global BC1 any ways.
Highlighted
Organizer
Wait, they report news now? *sheepish grin*
Highlighted
Resident

Shaw owns Global TV.

BC1 is a Global exclusive channel.

Hence, only Shaw customers get BC1.

Highlighted
Connector

YEAH I TOTALLY AGREE I THINK TELUS SHOULD ADD BC1 TO TELUS OPTIK AND SATELLITE. BECAUSE IS A 24 GOOD NEWS   

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Shaw OWNS Global which also has BC1 and unless the CRTC forcing them to offer it to their competition. Shaw can try and request a stupid amount of money to carry it. Sooner see Telus get channels worth some money then a news channel.

Plenty of channels Shaw doesn't carry that Telus does anyways. An a person get's more bang for the buck at Telus and you're not unplugging your receiver daily as a "fix"

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.