First Run and Re-run

SOLVED
Friendly Neighbour

First Run and Re-run

Hi, just switched from Bell to Optik.

When recording a series, if I select First Run Only, it will not schedule any recordings, if I select First Run and Re-runs it will start scheduling recordings but I don't want duplicate shows.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

NB71

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Power User

For many shows the regular season has also ended so there won't be any first run episodes for them until the fall time. 🙂

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Coach

I've also encountered a few instances when a show was first aired a couple of years ago elsewhere (say, in the UK, as shown in "Original air date" in Info) but were new to Canadian tv, and were then considered re-runs, not first-runs.

It would be nice to learn just what algorithms Telus uses to distinguish between first and subsequent runs. But I won't hold my breath while waiting.

0 Likes
Community Power User

@Cherns

That information would be supplied by the creator of the guide, so their Algorithm, not that of Telus.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
0 Likes

Sure. It seems unlikely that we'll ever get a detailed explanation of the algorithm (not that there are likely any dark secrets in it, but more of a "Don't bother us" situation), so it probably doesn't matter much who we don't get it from.

0 Likes
Community Power User

Some examples?

Optik will not record shows you have recorded already, even if you select re-runs. Might there be few new releases just now?

NFtoBC
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks for your reply, I think that may be it. Going to play around a bit and see.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Community Power User

For many shows the regular season has also ended so there won't be any first run episodes for them until the fall time. 🙂

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

Community Power User

@Nighthawk wrote:

Yup! The ads for the fall TV lineup are out already, beating the Back-to-School clothing ads by a mile!

NFtoBC
0 Likes