cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a 4K TV?

mooty_milo
Just Moved In

I just made an appointment to install Optik TV and the package includes an Optik 4K PVR however it also says you need a 4K TV. Do I need 4K TV to watch tv in general or can I still use it and it just won't be in 4K? I was planning on using the TV I have now and upgrading to a 4K TV at a later date, will that work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
The 4K PVR/Wireless receivers are the newest equipment that’s available. To take advantage of the limited 4K content, you would require a 4K Television.

However your current television will display all the content in HD resolution. You can upgrade your tv in the future, without updating your optik tv hardware.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
The 4K PVR/Wireless receivers are the newest equipment that’s available. To take advantage of the limited 4K content, you would require a 4K Television.

However your current television will display all the content in HD resolution. You can upgrade your tv in the future, without updating your optik tv hardware.

Minky
Ambassador

I have a 4K PVR and do not have a 4K TV. Picture on a 1080P HDTV is really good.  I am waiting for more 4K content (which is limited to Toronto Sports teams now) before buying 4K TV.  I have no interest in getting Netflix just for some 4K content.  So, while you wait the price of 4K Tvs will come down and hopefully 4K content goes up.