cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Audio output problems after newest Optik Dec 1 update

RaymondT
Neighbour

Anybody else having issues with the digital audio output after the update? I feed the output into my sound system. Now when you skip ahead or behind on recorded programs, the sound is muted for an annoying 3 seconds and then when it does come on, it fades in gradually. Sometimes it takes another 3 or 4 seconds to reach full volume or sometimes minutes. It's not constant. The receiver is fine and the volume is full watching in real time while switching channels.

What's going on Telus? This started the instant the box updated and I verified all settings and rebooted the Optik box several times.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RaymondT
Neighbour

Couldn't fix the digital audio output delay for the Toslink output on the Optik box (that's still a Telus problem) so I reconfigured the entire system to use digital audio through the HDMI cables. Turns out after a little research that the HDMI digital audio is superior to the old optical Toslink feed anyway. Everything works fine now and my entire system as a whole performs better.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RaymondT
Neighbour

After further testing, the digital audio output is fine in real time, switching channels, etc. It's downfall is while using the PVR. When you skip forward or back, there is a full second of screen freeze followed by a 2-3 second period of zero audio. In fact, the receiver reports no bitstream during this period. When the audio returns, the receiver is having problems establishing the previous audio level. I have to wonder if performance (disk access time) was sacrificed for the new visual menus.  

ET
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @RaymondT have you been able to get this sorted out?

RaymondT
Neighbour

Couldn't fix the digital audio output delay for the Toslink output on the Optik box (that's still a Telus problem) so I reconfigured the entire system to use digital audio through the HDMI cables. Turns out after a little research that the HDMI digital audio is superior to the old optical Toslink feed anyway. Everything works fine now and my entire system as a whole performs better.

ET
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

HDMI Sound is for sure good. I'm happy to hear you found a solution. Feel free to keep contributing to the Neighbourhood.