DAZN app to replace NFL Sunday Ticket

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
gwotz
Connector

Since the NFL has sold exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket in Canada to Perform Group (UK) and Perform Group is now offering NFL Sunday ticket via it's DAZN app for the 2017 season, when will Telus be offering the DAZN app on Optik and/or Pik TV? 

Community Power User
Community Power User

DAZN is new to Canada so there is no clear information on how it'll work with Optik. If you have the season pass, you'll likely be able to watch it on their app, website, or some smart TVs. Whether or not it'll be available as a channel on Optik is unknown at this point and how this will affect the existing NFL Network channel is not clear.

DAZN press release

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @gwotz have you submitted this idea at telus.com/ideas

gwotz
Connector

I have now, thanks!

Minky
Advocate

DAZN has to negotiate with Service Providers like Telus, Shaw to carry the programming.

Community Power User
Community Power User

No TV service provider in Canada has DAZN yet. That was by choice of DAZN themselves.

See article from The Star:

In the past, NFL Sunday Ticket has been available via Canadian cable companies. Rogers, for example, was still advertising it on its website Thursday as part of its $39.95 monthly Super Sports Pak.

Rice called it an administrative error, saying DAZN had acquired the Sunday Ticket package.

And we’ve chosen not to distribute that on the linear pay-TV platforms in Canada, it will just be available through via the DAZN service,” he said. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Toner
Resident

So the should Start. GAME ON SUNDAY.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you thought to download the App, and cast to your TV?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
gwotz
Connector

You are assuming I have hardware I don't have.