This is just a followup to my previous question to when Close Caption Tv will be working properly. It is working fine except on YTv. It seems to work for about 3 weeks and then I have to reboot the sysetem (unpluging the main device to the systems). The techinans that have spoke to me were very helpful and said that this is a on going problem and is being dealt with.
Thank you for your time and please keep up the great work. 🙂
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm watching CBC's Olympic coverage now on 100.... close caption is working for me.
I had problems a few weeks ago. Changing the CC source corrected the problem.
What CC channels are you are? What happens if you try a different CC channel?
Both digital and standard are set to one.
I reported back to this forum on Feb 18th, 2014 that the close captioning was gone. I then "restart system". It was good for about a week or so? Today, Feb 26th, 2014. Close captioning is gone again. It's still a hit and miss but definitely Telus need to look into it. This problem has been dragging for over a year now.
When close captioning is gone, all other CC channels will have no CC period until I "restart system".
Try switching to a second channel when closed caption fails to see if it works there.
Here is how I reproduce the close captioning issue at will.
1. ensure the close captioning is working by setting on close captioning and restart system. Let say you are at channel 100.
2. changing channels forward until you are at a free channel offered by Telus that is about to expire. At this point close captioning is still showing on the TV.
3. you will be asked to whether you want to subscribe the channel on the tv screen and your answer is "cancel".
4. After that you will see close captioning is still showing on that "about to expire" channel.
5. Continue on changing channels forward and you will notice that the closed captioning is not showing anymore.
6. Even you go back to channel 100 which was showing before are not showing CC anymore.
Please have some Telus programmer to fix this or report to Microsoft. Hope this help.
As of today CC is not working again today and somehow I remember how I did it to make it happen.
As of today, I can still recreate the CC issue at will using the above steps. Another twenty some days passed by and yet no updates or fixes from Telus. I really start to wonder what is happening at Telus TV support.
Or perhaps this forum is not the place for reporting issues? Someone please advise.