Channel changes and new channels/previews etc etc. ? Telus communication?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

It seems Telus does is very poor in “communicating” new channels that are added or changed.  It appears things change alot.  They never inform me.  E.g today i notice i the EPG a channel 460 (SSCHD). But this is only one example.  There are numerous others.  Previews are another bone of contention.

cant they just mass email all their customers when they make changes to the guide/preview/new channels/ deleted channels etc

its very frustrating.

thanks

Highlighted
Advocate

If Telus sent emails advising us of all changes, "people" would surely complain that they're receiving too many emails.  You know as well as we all know, "people" complain about EVERYTHING!!

Highlighted
Ambassador

How about posting New Channels and Changes on What;s New telus site?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Isn't it already on channel 1 or 2? Seems more folks with Optik could check the preview channel than could do so through a webpage?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Advocate
Exactly, I totally agree with you. It’s already at our finger tips so why add an extra layer.
Thanks

Sent >From My iPad

Highlighted
Coach

Speaking of free previews, I only just discovered I am getting Super channel free. How much of free previews has been missed is a mystery. Also, on the free previews channel, 4, in my area you can't tell what exactly is the channel Telus is previewing. so perhaps a bit of communication within our optic app would be beneficial?

Highlighted
Ambassador

I agree Darlene.  If the free preview being shown on Channel 4 is not a channel I am already subscribing to then I would have no clue at what is being previewed!

as a side note CBC Winnipeg is now in High definition, about tiem.

Highlighted
Advocate

In my case, I have my guide set to display only what I am subscribed to.  When a channel is offered on a free preview, it automatically populates into my guide.  I find that very useful and effort free, and this way you will not miss any previews that are running.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Ambassador

So you have all the channels i the setup guide all checked.

Highlighted
Advocate

No.  That sounds like you are in "Favourites", or you have set up a "Favourites" list.

Follow these 3 steps, and your guide will display only what you are subscribed to.  You will not have to "check" anything off.  And, any free previews will automatically populate into your guide, and they will disappear when the preview is over.  Here are the steps:

On your Telus remote:

1.  Press options

2.  Select favourites lists

3.  Choose subscribed channels

Good luck and enjoy.

Highlighted
Advocate

Hello, have you tried setting your guide to "subscribed only"??

Highlighted
Ambassador
Yes, I have done that...I had also unchecked channels that I didn't think I would ever subscribe like Superchannel...