Channel Changes - HD

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Really dislike the new channel changes. The HD channels are now all mingled in with none HD channels, so we now have to scroll through everything. Thats ALOT of channels. So silly and time consuming. Very frustrating.  HD is pretty much the only channels we watch, as i am guessing with most people that pay for HD. or why else pay? I am pretty sure the people who designed this layout do not watch TV. It is not consumer friendly at all. We have been with Telus 5 years now, first complaint, the whole thing is baffling to me.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

The new guide changes allow for even more channels to be added in the future. You can check out this site for more details: www.telus.com/tvguidechanges

@someone_9e9 MTV HD is not yet available, however, you can email tvfeedback@telus.com to request it be added.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Good Samaritan

HD streams depends on your subscription. TELUS offers up to 3 HD streams depending on your qualification. To check this, you may contact 310-8324 to inquire. As for recordings, the PVR will delete old recordings if you don't have enough space left to in your hard drive to accommodate new recordings. Should you wish to keep certain recordings, you can change the settings to "save until I delete".

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident

I am in total agreement with you.......this had to be done by someone who does not watch tv or channel surfs. I had just organised my viewing and now there is now rhyme or reason.....in fact the channels I paid for are now in a 9000 catergory. I do not have hd so could not care less about it........I just would like less to scroll through....when my term is up I am going back to Shaw cable

Highlighted
Ambassador

i love it lol but theres no mtv HD ?? wtf

more hd please

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

The new guide changes allow for even more channels to be added in the future. You can check out this site for more details: www.telus.com/tvguidechanges

@someone_9e9 MTV HD is not yet available, however, you can email tvfeedback@telus.com to request it be added.

Highlighted
Advocate

If you want to watch hd channels only, you can view guide by categories.

Menu > Live TV > Categories > HD Channels

Highlighted
Resident

NOT AT ALL HAPPY... is it just me? or did they get rid of a bunch of standard NON HD channels? all of a sudden I have maybe 5 channels that I can watch that are non HD because I'm recording something in HD. and we have three optic boxes...and now we can't watch hardly anything on the other two tv's either if we are recording ANYTHING, since most is HD. AM I MISSING STUFF? where'd all my non HD channels go? I tried to look at the new guide to the channel changes...but guess what? its in HD too, so because I'm recording an HD movie, I CAN'T EVEN SEE THAT!!!!

Highlighted
Resident

UGH...nevermind. found the channels after looking through the website. but 9000's????? hubby quit looking when he hit the 2000's. ... good grief.

Highlighted
Connector

if your old channel is not working easy way to find the new channel number is by accessing the Channel Finder app on your STB (press Menu and then you will find it under Live TV)

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I do not know about anyone else, but using any of those apps are a 5 minute ordeal. To get into them and use them just takes way to long.

Highlighted
Resident

I do not see this so called solution as a solution to the problem that Telus created by moving all the channels around.  For myself it's not a benefit that this system is supposed to allow for more channels - it allowed for more channels before too.  It would be better if the channels stayed where they were with an option of channel groups.

I want to be able to access my local channels with one digit & all the essentials should be within 2 digits.  Those channels should have been left alone - almost all channels numbers under 100 unused so it is not like you do not have the capacity to do this.   Having to enter (or remember) 3 or 4 digits to get a channel is especially challenging for older people such as my elderly father.  Sometimes by the time 2 or 3 digits are entered, a person runs out of time as the channel switches prematurely and then they have to type it all in again. Up until now I was a big fan of Telus TV but not anymore.  Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Ambassador
I cant even record lots of hd channels its sucks and sometimes my recordings disapear
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Good Samaritan

HD streams depends on your subscription. TELUS offers up to 3 HD streams depending on your qualification. To check this, you may contact 310-8324 to inquire. As for recordings, the PVR will delete old recordings if you don't have enough space left to in your hard drive to accommodate new recordings. Should you wish to keep certain recordings, you can change the settings to "save until I delete".

Highlighted
Resident
Te guide fails in a basicway. It assumes you know hich channels you want to watch then wants you to remember the category and/ or channel number. What you need to do is take one channel where one can do a " keyword search". Then you could select Public Television, or Seattle (and get the major Seattle stations), or golf and get the golf channel or other channels broadcasting golf. The search could identify channels/programs that the subscriber is paying for and a second list ofchannels that a customer might want to subscribe to. Learn from the computer search expertise.

Telus could lead in this facility.