Channel 5 in Guide announces "Optik TV Improvements"?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Woodstock
Helpful Neighbour

Refers to Channel 99, video there refers to "telus.com/tvnews" for more info, no info there, none of these "improvements" are on my PVR even after reboot.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

My guess is that's for the next software update for the Optik boxes, which may not be released yet. (I have Ch 5 and 99 removed from my guide so I never even heard of these yet) I suspect they have the preview videos up but have not updated the Telus website.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Woodstock
Helpful Neighbour

I had those channels removed as well, but like other "new channels" they showed up in my Guide when they were added so they got my attention. Seems like a very un-Telus, almost Rogers/Shaw way of communicating and using past tense "We've enhanced" instead of their usual "Will be enhanced shortly" just adds to the confusion.

Pantera
Connector

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that "auto tune" is one of the new features. After having it on my Bell ExpressVu satellite system for nearly twenty years, it's pretty hard to live without.

AmeriCanuck
Neighbour

I was told on Tuesday when I was talking on the phone with Tech support that it was going to start rolling out on Wednesday. It would just start doing the software automatically. They're obviously not going to do it to everyone at once. It will roll out gradually to everyone.

Patar
Resident

Still none of the promised enhancements as of today.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The updates are being done in waves. Some users have the new software, some don't.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Woodstock
Helpful Neighbour

Over 6 weeks now, still no sign of the "enhancements we've MADE" (past tense). Guess the "wave" of updates is more like a trickle.

Scorpion
Connector

Telus has stopped sending out the update. Apparently their were issues with it which need to be fixed, if you didn't get it in the first few days, you won't be getting it for a long time. Telus really needs to do a better job communicating things like this with their customers.  

AmeriCanuck
Neighbour

Well, got a pop-up on screen saying there was an update today, like they said there would be. I didn't wan to do the update then by restarting, so I chose to manually restart the system later. When I did that, I didn't notice really anything except when you in the Guide and hit 'Options' on the remote, there's a new selection called, 'Jump to Day & Time'. I don't think that was there before. But, when I called Telus about it, she came back in a couple mins. and started naming off these somewhat new and small changes but I didn't really notice them. I live in Calgary, so I don't know. Maybe it hasn't hit the market here yet.

Scorpion
Connector

The "jump to day & time" has been there for a long time. I just spoke to a Telus tech yesterday and was told the same thing as several weeks ago; all updates have been halted snd will not start up again until early 2016. Maybe it's different for you in Alberta. I'm in BC. 

Scorpion
Connector

It appears Telus has resumed sending out the update. One of my 2 boxes updated tonight. Love the changes but I find the response time to be very slow.