Changing my tv's source input!! Help!

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident
Is there a way to change my tv's source input from my Telus Optik remote (it's a Slimline 2).
For example, we watch tv on input 2, and if hubby wants to play his PS4 he needs to switch the TV he needs to change the source to Input 3.

Can we do that with the Telus remote? How??? Can't find an answer anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

As has been discussed here on the forums before, you cannot change inputs with the Slimline 2 remote. Either use the remote that came with your TV or go over to the TV and hit the Input/Source button.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

As has been discussed here on the forums before, you cannot change inputs with the Slimline 2 remote. Either use the remote that came with your TV or go over to the TV and hit the Input/Source button.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
It amazes me why Telus got rid of the source button. Doesn't make much sense.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Resident
Is this a cruel joke? Who decides to leave out the source button.

Whats the point of a universal remote, that can't access another input?

It was in such a silly place on the last remote. I was excited to get the new Slimline Remote 2, thinking that they would fix this mistake.

Instead, you decided to take the button out completely. Lol, unbelievable...
Highlighted
Resident
Hmm... This is a mystery... I think they forgot the button.
Highlighted
Advisor

That's why a lot of people have invested in a Harmony remote setup. I can control anything I want with the same remote.

Highlighted
Resident
We got a new remote but continue to use the old one for that reason. Whoever designed their remotes should be fired.
Highlighted
Resident

I totally agree. . . from good design to worst ever!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Resident

I just switched from Shaw to Telus. Out of principal, I think I'm going to switch back to Shaw. I can't believe they left out the input key. That is 100000000000 times worse than Apple taking out the audio jack. Telus, you aren't Apple, give us bak the f'n input key. 

Highlighted
Connector

Do you have a Search button under the 7 button? This Search button has a secondary use which enables you to switch sources. To use it you first have to switch the mode of the remote to control the TV using the button at the top left. After you've done this pressing the Search button will allow you to switch inputs on your TV.

I have a slimline remote but not sure if it's a Slimline 2.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Slimline 2 has the Play / Pause etc in the upper half of the remote, while the Slimline has them in the lower half.

See further info here.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Resident
Too many older customers kept changing the mode by mistake,
Highlighted
Resident
Over a remote? It was to assist older customer who constantly kept changing the input and calling in thinking their tv was broken
Highlighted
Neighbour
The lack of a source button on my slimline 2 remote is something that infuriates me on a nightly basis. Eliminating it because people keep accidentally switching the TV sources seems ridiculous. I have 3 different devices I use on a regular basis. Telus box, chromecast, and ps4. Shaw has a one remote solution just saying..........