Cancellation of Big 10 Network

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident
It's disappointing that Telus has cancelled the Big 10 Network without warning & with no thought of the College Football Fans, who want this channel. If it was too expensive to be included with a package, it should have been made available to us as a separate channel to be purchased. As everyone knows, we are paying for many channels in packages that we don't want & never look at ... so why take away Sports channels that we want? Because of this blunder ... I'm considering dropping Telus as my provider (which I don't want to do), but Shaw offers the Big 10 Network!
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Providers like Telus don't have the ability to offer the channel on its own unless the company running the channel itself allows it. For sports channels that is not common. Typically they are forced to be offered in bundles (again not the providers fault) with crappy other channels no one wants.

With a little bit of effort, you would have found some answers (see: Google)

>> http://www.telus.com/en/ab/get-help/service-updates-changes/tv/article.do

big10.jpg

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Resident

It would be nice to get the SEC Network as a replacement to the Big 10.