cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can one TV be used to set up two boxes?

mollypants
Just Moved In

Hi folks, quick (hopefully not stupid) question. Just swapped over to Telus and preparing for installation in my apartment on Thursday. I have ordered one PVR and one HD box- HD in the bedroom and PVR in the living room, however I only have one television at this time (the other TV will arrive in a month or so.)

Will I have to book a separate installation appointment to hook up my second TV when it arrives, or will they be able to set the box up (as Shaw did) and I can plug 'n play the TV when it shows up?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The tech should be able to sort that out. Would just be a matter of setting up the PVR, swap it out for the second, and after the registration is complete, put the PVR back in. That way when the regular STB is hooked to the new TV, it should boot up as long as it gets a signal from the modem. Be sure to show the tech where you plan to put the second TV.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The tech set up 3 devices for the two TV's currently in our house. He used one of the existing TV to make sure it worked. You may have to reprogram the remote, if you buy a different model of TV than current.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xray
Guardian

Do you have a computer monitor with HDMI input? That should work as well for the setup. At least with a second display you can verify that the STB sees the PVR from the second location.