Can I transfer a recorded program from my PVR to another device?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

I recorded a program recently on my Telus PVR and want to burn it to disc. Is there any way to get a program off of the PVR?

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Hi!

As per http://www.telus.com/content/help/common/pdf/TELUS_TV_user_guide.pdf - page 9: USB port is not enabled.

Also, you should avoid connecting any equipment to the USB ports on the back of your Optik TV digital box. They’re for future use only and you could potentially damage both the equipment and the digital box.

Highlighted
Resident

That doesn't really answer the question.  Is there any way to copy a recording from the PVR to an external device.  If the USB port is not enabled, can we enable it?  Or is there another way to copy a recording?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The recordings are all encrypted. They will only be playable on the PVR that recorded them. If you were able to copy one, you wouldn't be able to play it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Resident

Can you record from the wireless digital box onto an hard drive?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The wireless box is not a PVR, so no. If the USB port on the PVR is working, you might be able to get it to record to an external USB harddrive but the files will all be encrypted to work only with that one specific PVR.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I guess one option is to hold your iPhone in front of the TV and hit record.

Highlighted
Ambassador

Or use a device like Hauppauge HD PVR by connecting component cables.