Bridge Mode and OptikTV

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Ambassador

If the T3200M is in Bridge Mode does it send the OptikTV signal to Port 1?  I have a switch between the ONT and the T3200M and my own router connected to the switch (T3200M not in Bridge Mode).  I notice that when I am using the OptikTV there is a steady 5MB of data coming out of the ONT and so hitting my router - which is blocked/dropped by NAT.  I'm just wondering if I put the 3200M in Bridge Mode and connect my router to Port 1 if it will still be hit by the OptikTV traffic.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

The 5mbps of data for Optik will still be there either way. If bridged, your router likely won't see it but it'll still be there.

A switch is a 'dumb' device where it basically just sends all traffic from one port to all ports. The T3200 will basically only send multi-cast traffic to the ports with the Optik boxes on them so connecting your router to the T3200 is an option, bridged or not. Personally I'd just leave the switch in there.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

The 5mbps of data for Optik will still be there either way. If bridged, your router likely won't see it but it'll still be there.

A switch is a 'dumb' device where it basically just sends all traffic from one port to all ports. The T3200 will basically only send multi-cast traffic to the ports with the Optik boxes on them so connecting your router to the T3200 is an option, bridged or not. Personally I'd just leave the switch in there.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post