Boston NBC Channel

Skiddy
Advisor

Received a letter today that states "Due to recent content provider changes, future recordings of NBC Boston, channels 260 (HD) and 9260 (SD)  will be impacted."

This is effective after February 28th. Not a big deal for me as I do not have series recordings scheduled, but does anyone know what this is about? This letter doesn't tell me anything. 

Thanks!

Community Power User
Community Power User

It's pretty simple, really. The owner of content has the right to determine how it may be used. This copyright allows them to state how and when their content is viewed, in the case of televised media. Clearly they have exercised this right, and have determined that recording of their broadcasts by the end user is no longer an option they want to offer. The reasons for this could be any of a wide number, and they have no responsibility to communicate those reasons to Telus, or any other re-broadcaster of their programming.  We can surmise, but it still would only be a guess.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Most Helpful
Skiddy
Advisor

Found this today - 

http://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/television/nbc-station-switch-affects-many-tv-subscribers-i...

Don't think this has anything to do with copyright....

Community Power User
Community Power User

Thanks for sharing.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"