I concur with your opinion of the new TV boxes. I am a new subscriber and so far have had nothing but annoying problems with them. The first 3 boxes sent to me would not give me the options on the Guide to narrow the listings to favourite channels. The fourth box finally listed the option for favourite channels but then when I wanted to watch my recorded programs ( I had 11 of them) they had all disappeared. “No recorded content” was the message. I have spent at least 7 hours in the last 2 weeks on the phone with Technical Support, who has not been able to do anything about my problems other than sending me new boxes. This sub-par system is far from user-friendly. I have to press at least 2 buttons when I turn the TV on before it will simply go onto the channel that I was watching when I turned it off. Restricting the recordings to 45 days is very unreasonable. If you go away on holidays there is little time to catch up on recordings. And you can no longer choose to filter series recordings by new only/ reruns. I switched to Telus on the recommendation of family and friends. If I had known that the system they offer now is not nearly as satisfactory I would never have done it.
Hi @Termar, when you turn on the TV, you can press the back arrow button to quickly dismiss the home screen and get back to the last content you were watching. I included some other navigation documentations here as well: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Optik-TV/Optik-TV-Bulletin-Board-Discover-Discuss-and-Develop/td-p/136951
Once again I have lost my recorded programs and there is no sign of the ones I had scheduled. Even rebooting and also doing the “factory reset” has not restored the information. This new system is so much garbage! Please Telus do something about it ASAP. You have a lot of unhappy customers.
Hi @Termar @RobG3987 , after further investigation, we believe the causation of lost recordings is related to the temporary removal of cPVR on your accounts and adding it back. This is likely done as a result of trying to resolve certain errors you are experiencing when you called in. (Do you recall losing cPVR shortly/ a couple of days after calling in?) To smooth out this experience, I've submitted a request to provide the ability to recover lost recordings in the scenario where cPVR must be removed and added back to resolve errors. While I cannot provide a timeline as to when this will be implemented, we appreciate the help you've provided on this matter. Thank you!
Hi @Kitsune , thank you for your feedback. Hoping the comments below may help:
- Lost recordings: I responded to another thread and tagged you, but I will repost here.
It's possible there's been a backend change to your account as a method to fix other issues and resulted in unintended lost recording. If you DM us on Twitter or Facebook accounts, say you're coming from the community, and provide your account details. I can send the info to our development team for further investigation. I can't recover the recordings, but I can try to figure out why it happened. Please let me know your handles/names so we can locate your DMs
- Extend recordings: We recently added auto extend recording for sports. 90 mins for tennis and 60 mins for other sports. This is a temporary workaround while we work on enabling flexible extensions set by the user.
- Guide loading: We have a firmware/performance update coming soon that will help address lag
- Boxing search: this is a new one, thanks for flagging, I will funnel it to our development team
- Err 210: Are you still experiencing this? I was able to isolate this error to connecting bluetooth audio device for another user, if you are using one, could you try disconnecting?
- The other issues: These have all been flagged to our development team (especially the recording related ones), and once again, thank you for your feedback and patience while we work on improving the service.