cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding another box

Jbettens
Neighbour
First off, I am not tech savvy. I want to add another box in my house. I have Telus optic tv and Telus wireless internet. I have currently have two boxes, a PVR and a Cisco isb7100. Both are connected to coax cable. I can by a used ISB7105. There is a coax outlet where I want to put a third box. Is is as simple as connecting the 7105 into the coax or is more too it? What should I do? If you need more info just ask.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Optik will support 1 PVR and 2 ISB7105. The ISB7105 can be set up either through Wi-Fi or Ethernet. A coax connection would require adapters. You should be able to obtain a second ISB 7105 from Telus, and depending on your service plan, may be available at no additional cost, or can be rented for a small fee.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Optik will support 1 PVR and 2 ISB7105. The ISB7105 can be set up either through Wi-Fi or Ethernet. A coax connection would require adapters. You should be able to obtain a second ISB 7105 from Telus, and depending on your service plan, may be available at no additional cost, or can be rented for a small fee.

NFtoBC

@NFtoBC wrote:

Optik will support 1 PVR and 2 ISB7105.  

I wonder if it's a limitation of the package you subscribe too...

My home has THREE ISB705 running wirelessly, in addition to the PVR.  It's been like this since 2014.

Not sure how it works with the 4K version.

Thanks! I saw online a wireless access point plugged into a wireless modem is used. Any thoughts if this wireless access point is required?

It depends on which modem you have. Which modem you have depends on which speed package you have.

My modem if a Actiontec T2200H. Thoughts?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I recall the T2200H using the additional Access Point.

NFtoBC

I believe so too...

What does this mean? Will the 7105 work wirelessly with it?

Give Telus support a call with your plans to add an wireless box and whether you need wireless access point.

Have a look at this vid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LTSRUAJ6F0

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@NFtoBC thanks.

Deleted the same points.