Your Most Asked Questions on Google - "TELUS How.." Edition
Hey everyone! We're experimenting with a new series, called Most Asked Questions on Google, taking a cue from the Google's auto-suggest feature to find out what you want to know, and provide answers to them all in one place! We are starting with How, then will look to cycle though the 5 W's. Without further ado, here it is:
How to block a number
Number blocking feature is built into most recent devices. Here is how:
If this doesn’t work, or if the incoming number keeps changing, please give us a call, and we can change your phone number free of charge.
If the calls are marketing in nature, please utilize the National Do Not Call List -
How to change Wi-Fi password
You can easily do this through My Account, once you logged in, you will find it in the internet tab, under Wi-Fi. We have a great visual walk through here - https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/reset-your-wifi-name-and-password-with-my-telus
How to call forward
1. From your home phone, dial * 72 or #72. Listen for three beeps and then a dial tone again
2. Dial the number to which you want your calls forwarded
3. When that phone is answered, you will hear an intermittent dial tone confirming that call forwarding is activated
Note: If the number is busy or goes unanswered, hang up and repeat the process in 2 minutes.
1. From your home phone, dial * 73 or #73
2. Listen for 2 beeps
3. Hang up
For more call forward options, please visit - https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/use-call-forwarding-variable’
Call Forward Unconditional: Dial *21*, followed by the 10-digit number you want your calls forwarded to, then #
Call Forward Unconditional: Dial #21#
There are other call forward options available, please visit this page for full details
How to set up voicemail
1. From your home phone dial *98
2. When asked to enter your password for the first time, enter your 10-digit phone number
3. Create your permanent password. Your password must be 4 to 15 digits long.
Press and hold 1. Or use the handy voicemail icon on your phone.Follow the prompts to set up Password, record your Name and your Personal Greeting
Tip: Name and Personal Greeting is optional. If you do not want to record your name and personal greeting, the caller will still hear a default system greeting.
How to check voicemail
From your home phone
From another phone
If you are in Canada, call your 10-digit home number, press star (*) during your greeting, then enter your password when prompted. If you are outside of Canada, please visit this page for list of international numbers, as well as other additional details with your voicemail service - https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/set-up-voicemail
From your device
Press and hold 1 (Or use the handy voicemail icon on your phone), then enter passcode when prompted.
From another phone
Dial your 10 digit phone number, wait for the call to reach your voicemail greeting, then press star (*), enter your password when prompted.
How to reset modem
1. Locate the red reset button on the back of the device.
2. Using a thin object (ex. a needle, paper clip, toothpick), press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds until the Internet light turns red.
For other modem models, please visit- https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/reset-your-actiontec-t3200m-modem
How to cancel internet
We’d hate to see you leave. But, if you must, please call 1-888-811-2323, and our team members will hold their tears and assist.
How to block caller ID / Block your number
- Dial *67, wait for the dial tone again, then dial the number you wish to call
- Note: this needs to be done on every call
How to port forward
You can find the answer in our TELUS Neighbourhood forum, if you don’t see the answer you are looking for, go ahead and ask, there are many technically savvy community members that could help! https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/Internet-Port-Forwarding/td-p/3127
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.