cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WendyW
Not applicable

It breaks our hearts to hear about the wildfires affecting so many people, and as animal lovers, we can’t imagine how tough it might be to find help with your pets and farm animals.

We`ve compiled a list of resources to assist those affected - both human and critter alike.

9-animal-family_sh_meps_9842890794_o.jpg

Preparing

In addition to an emergency kit, there a few things you can do to prepare your home and family in the event of a wildfire.

Emergency Preparedness Guide

Before a Wildfire

Preparing for Possible Evacuation

During a Wildfire

Local Wildfire Resources

If you’re in a high-risk community, here are some government resources to point you in the right direction:

Ontario

Reporting a Wildfire

Current Wildfire Status

Ontario Wildfire Map

British Columbia

Reporting a Wildfire

Current Wildfire Status

BC Wildfire Map

Alberta

Reporting a Wildfire

Current Wildfire Status

How to help during the Wildfires

Donate

Canadian Red Cross BC Fires Appeal

Canadian Red Cross Alberta Fires Appeal

Donate $10 to the Canadian Red Cross by texting FIRES to 45678.

If you’re able to help temporarily house farm animals or if you have transport for livestock, post in the BC & Alberta Emergency Livestock Animal Evacuation Group.

Donate to Horse Council BC’s Animal Disaster Relief Fund to support displaced horses, livestock and pets

07BC.JPG

Stay Safe

There are many resources available on the internet and I hope I’ve helped you get started. The most important thing is to stay safe and take care of each other.

Need Assistance?

If you have been displaced by the wildfire activity and need assistance with your account please feel free to contact us via the following link: Contact Us.

Have other tips? Leave them below and we’ll update the list.

4 Comments
Larry2
Just Moved In

Telus has the worst customer service of any modern day cellular company.  Their customer service team is not able to fix my problem. 

I have been without my business cell phone number for one week. 7 days without a single business call based on customer one  mistake of operator error. No apology. No

resolve. Just excuses. 

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

For those sensitive to smoke, check out this link that forecasts where the smoke is going.  http://firesmoke.ca/

Remember, wildfires happen in the USA as well.  This site shows cross border smoke.

xray
Hero

TELUS is waiving data overage for all mobility customers in the affected areas.

https://twitter.com/TELUS/status/1130994245547040769

xray
Hero

Additional information regarding TELUS services during the  from the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo web site covering:

• If you have Telus mobility service
  • If you have Telus home services
  • Actions to take as you are returning to your home
  • Service options for you if you are unable to return to your home

http://www.rmwb.ca/News-Room/RMWB-Wildfire-Information/Wildfire-Resources-Library/Telus.htm