Netflix on TELUS - September 2020

Community Manager
Community Manager

Netflix on TELUS - September 2020

How is everyone? I hope you've had a safe and healthy summer, and had some fun along the way! As the fall approaches and the days get shorter and shorter, it just means more time to check out that new NETLIX movie you've been waiting for, or perfecting your binge-a-thon skills on that new series you can't get enough of. Hey, no judgement here...we all do it. I've selected a few of the most anticipated titles dropping next month, and also wanted to share what I'm currently hooked on. So kick back and enjoy!

PROTIP: If you plan to connect with loved ones remotely, Netflix Party is always an option to watch something with your friends and family virtually. Synchronized video playback and a handy chat box lets you watch and stay connected all at the same time!

Coming To NETFLIX in September

• September 4 - Away (Season 1)
      • Starring HIlary Swank, a new series for sci-fi and drama fans.
  • September 16 - The Devil All The Time
      • Midwestern thriller starring Tom Holland and Robert Pattinson.
  • September 23 - Enola Holmes
      • Starring Millie Bobbie Brown and Henry Cavill.

Most Anticipated

Away (Season 1)

I've been waiting for this series for a long time, and am so excited it's finally almost here. Away stars Hilary Swank as astronaut Emma Green, preparing to lead an international crew on the first mission to Mars. Being a huge fan of not just science fiction, but the impact that technological advancement and space travel can have on people. Swank's portrayal of a mother choosing to pursue her dream, while reconciling the fact that she has to leave her husband and daughter to do so, definitely seems compelling.

As a huge fan of movies such as Gravity, Ad Astra, and Interstellar (one of my favorite films ever) this looks right up my alley. With some stellar science fiction elements and cliffhangers, Away definitely feels like the perfect bingeworthy series to get hooked on.

What We're Watching Now

Can’t wait for the new shows and movies to drop? Need something bingeworthy now? You've come to the right place.

Unsolved Mysteries

Yes, that Unsolved Mysteries. Some 20 odd years later, the classic series investigating mysteries, disappearances, and other phenomena is back on NETFLIX. If you're hooked on true crime podcasts, can't get enough conspiracy theories, or just enjoy a classic whodunit tale, Unsolved Mysteries is a must-watch. The first six episodes dropped on NETFLIX recently and investigate the gamut from mysterious disappearances to UFO encounters.

From original producers as well as the team behind the NETFLIX mega smash series Stranger Things, I knew going in that this was going to be great. Predictably, I was hooked from the moment I began the first episode. It's a perfect show for kicking back and getting wrapped up in these compelling mysteries.

Let me know if you plan on watching or if there’s anything else you’re currently hooked on in the comments below! 

ICYMI: You can add Netflix to your Optik TV package at any time! Find out more here