Netflix on TELUS - October 2020

Community Manager
Community Manager

Netflix on TELUS - October 2020

How was your summer? I hope you had fun, stayed safe, and enjoyed the weather. Fall is here, and it's definitely my favourite time of year. The weather starts to finally cool down, football is back, and the fact that Halloween is just around the corner means there's bound to be some awesome scary (and funny!) movies to watch. It's a great time. There's no better way to spend your evening than rounding up the family, and checking out some of the new NETFLIX shows and movies that are waiting for you! I've selected a few of the most anticipated titles coming next month (there's a definite Halloween theme here), and wanted to also share what I'm currently hooked on. Have fun!

PROTIP: If you plan to connect with loved ones remotely, Netflix Party is always an option to watch something with your friends and family virtually. Synchronized video playback and a handy chat box lets you watch and stay connected all at the same time!

Coming To NETFLIX in October

• October 7 - Hubie Halloween
      • Starring Adam Sandler, as well as a whole bunch of returning stars from his previous comedies.
  • October 9 - The Haunting of Bly Manor (Season 1)
      • For fans of 2018's smash horror series, The Haunting of Hill House.
  • October 19 - Unsolved Mysteries (Volume 2)
      • For true crime and mystery lovers.

Most Anticipated

Hubie Halloween

I've been waiting to see this movie ever since first hearing about it earlier this year. Hubie Halloween is this season's can't-miss comedy movie starring Adam Sandler. I'm a huge fan of his comedies such as Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, and The Wedding Singer...and this looks to be the next great movie to add to the list. Sandler stars as the lovable Hubie Dubois in the town of Salem, Massachusetts. Eccentric and good-natured, Hubie is often the target of his fellow citizens' derision and pranks. When people start disappearing however, it's up to Hubie to protect his town and convince the police that the monsters are real...and only he can stop them. This looks hilarious.

Sandler brings with him an all-star cast, including tons of faces you'll recognize from his previous movies. Julie Bowen, Kenan Thompson, Steve Buscemi, Maya Rudolph, Kevin James, Tim Meadows, and Rob Schneider...just to name a few. I can't wait to check this out, and if the trailer is anything to go by, it's going to be amazing. Be sure to add it to your list when it drops on October 7.

What We're Watching Now

Can’t wait for the new shows and movies to drop? Need something bingeworthy now? You've come to the right place.

Cobra Kai

Finally acquired by NETFLIX, if you don't know about Cobra Kai, you're definitely missing out. As an 80's kid, the legendary The Karate Kid trilogy (hey, the third one was good!) is up there with Back To The Future as arguably the best series of movies. Cobra Kai picks up over 30 years later, from the viewpoint of main character Johnny Lawrence (the main antagonist from the first movie), his decision to reopen the Cobra Kai karate dojo, and the rekindling of his old rivalry with the karate kid himself, Daniel LaRusso.

Bringing back the original cast members William Zabka and Ralph Macchio, as they raise a new generation of karate students, the nostalgia in this show is off the charts. References and storylines reaching back to the original movies make this not only fun for a new generation of viewers, but us 80's kids as well. Both seasons are now streaming on NETFLIX with a third season scheduled for next year. You'll have a blast!

Let me know if you plan on watching or if there’s anything else you’re currently hooked on in the comments below! 

ICYMI: You can add Netflix to your Optik TV package at any time! Find out more here

1 Comment

Cobra Kai was amazing and fun to watch, seeing them many years later was priceless!