Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Netflix on TELUS - January 2022

Netflix Twitter.JPG

The new year is upon us, and it's a time to start anew and look forward to new things. In keeping with that spirit, NETFLIX knows that we've all been looking forward to one of the best shows returning for its final season...and finally we get to dig in. Let's take a look at that, as well as what show I've been binging on over the holidays!

Coming To NETFLIX on Friday, January 21

Ozark: Season 4 (Part 1)

Finally. After what seems like an eternity, we all get to find out how the Byrde family's tale comes to an end. The first three seasons have seen Marty and his family pushed to their limits and facing overwhelming odds to stay alive. From being kidnapped and tortured, to narrowly avoiding danger at every turn, Ozark has reached Breaking Bad levels of suspense and this final season is only going to ramp things up.

Man, I cannot wait to see how this unfolds. The producers of this great series knew that people couldn't wait so they also dropped another bombshell: This fourth and final season is super-sized! Instead of the regular 10 episode seasons, this final season has been split into two 7 episode parts! That's practically two seasons in one! You can't beat that. Whereas the second 7 episode part of this season doesn't drop until later in 2022, the first new episodes will be available for us to slowly burn through (or binge in one sitting, there's no shame) on Friday, January 21!

What I'm Watching Now

School of Chocolate (Season 1)

What a blast this show has been! I'm admittedly a sucker for any of these competition shows NETFLIX unveils...from Nailed It! to Blown Away, if there's a group of people striving to be the best at a particular set of skills then I'm in. Heck, does anyone remember The Big Flower Fight with people making sculptures out of flowers? Loved it. That being said, the first season of the new smash hit School of Chocolate is so much more. Eight pastry chefs from around the world are challenged both individually and as teams to create intricate and delicious pastries, and giant showpieces (!!), made entirely out of chocolate. The results are pretty spectacular!

We've all seen some pretty elaborate cakes, but lifesize statues? Ten-foot tall hanging chandeliers? This is next-level stuff. Each episode begins with the chefs making smaller 'illusion' pastries...think chocolate pieces that look like pencils or vases, before finally going into the showdown where the massive showpieces are created. It's a great time watching the chefs create these masterpieces. Already a smash hit for NETFLIX, more seasons are already in the works, but for now, you can channel your inner Willy Wonka and binge the first season right away!

Let me know if you plan on watching or if there's anything else you're currently hooked on in the comments below!

ICYMI: Not subscribed to NETFLIX yet? No worries! You can add it to your Optik TV package at any time! Find out more here! 

1 Comment