Netflix on TELUS - May 2021

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Netflix on TELUS - May 2021

Hope everyone is doing well keeping safe! NETFLIX hasn't pulled any punches with their 2021 releases thus far and it looks like May is no exception. Some of the most anticipated shows and movies are coming next month, including a series that I've been waiting for since it was announced way back in 2017! Adding to that, some big names and big directors means May is going to have tons for us to enjoy. There's nothing better than grabbing your favourite snack and digging in, so let's take a look at what I'm looking forward to the most!

PROTIP: If you plan to connect with loved ones remotely, Netflix Party is always an option to watch something with your friends and family virtually. Synchronized video playback and a handy chat box lets you watch and stay connected all at the same time!

Coming To NETFLIX in May

• May 7 - Jupiter's Legacy
    • Highly anticipated superhero drama that spans generations.
  • May 14 - The Woman in The Window
    • Amy Adams and Gary Oldman led thriller.
  • May 21 - Army of The Dead
    • Big budget zombie heist movie from director Zack Snyder

Most Anticipated

Jupiter's Legacy

After four long years since its announcement, the highly anticipated superhero drama series Jupiter's Legacy will finally be here in May! The first series of the Millarworld comic universe that NETFLIX has acquired the rights to looks to start things off with a bang. This universe of characters is much more grounded and real, with heroes and villains that you'd expect to see in our world (think more Watchmen and The Boys and less aliens and Superman flying around with laser vision). Co-creator Mark Millar himself said "Jupiter's Legacy is part 2001: A Space Odyssey, part Avengers, part The Godfather."

Jupiter's Legacy is about a group of people who travel to an island in the 1930's, receive super powers such as flight and invulnerability, but then return to the U.S. and keep their powers secret...vowing to only use them for good and not to interfere with normal government and authority activity. Fast forward to the present day, and their children are struggling to live up to their parents' legacy and legendary feats.  

I'm so excited for this. Anyone who knows me is aware of how much of a comic book nerd I am and yes, Batman will always be the best (we all know it). I've always been a huge fan however of series that explore more of how ordinary people would react when placed in extraordinary situations, and Jupiter's Legacy is very much that type of story. Grounded in drama and realism, it's a story of bulletproof skin and laser vision sure...but it's also a tale of children struggling to find their way and always feeling unable to live up to their parents' expectations, combined with the pressures society places on them as heroes with incredible powers.

3808583-jupiters-legacy.jfif.jpg

Jupiter's Legacy explores this and more. I also recommend checking out the fantastic Mark Millar and Frank Quitely comic series it's based on. You have time to catch up before the first season drops on May 7.

What I'm Watching Now

Can’t wait for the new shows and movies to drop? Need something bingeworthy now? I've got you covered.

Who Killed Sara?

Since its initial release last month in March, Who Killed Sara? has been in the top ten most watched series on NETFLIX, and for good reason. This Mexican-based dramatic thriller series is a must-watch. After spending 18 years in prison for a murder he didn't commit, a man named Alex is released and wants nothing more than revenge on the person truly responsible for the death. Things get very complicated when Alex falls in love with his target's youngest daughter, and also when he uncovers the truth behind everything.

16171081925286.jpg

I can't lie. My wife and I binged this series from start to back in a matter of days. If you're a fan of top notch acting, story twists, and enough tension to keep you up at night...look no further. And to top it off, a cliffhanger ending that will leave you dying to know what will happen. Not a fan of knowing it ends on a cliffhanger? Have no fear...season 2 drops next month! May 19 sees Who Killed Sara? return for a dynamic second season...picking up right where the first season left off. Yes!

Be sure to catch up on the first season, you won't be disappointed.

What are you currently hooked on? Let me know in the comments below or come chat with us on the forum!

ICYMI: Not subscribed yet? No worries! You can add NETFLIX to your Optik TV package at any time! Find out more here