Netflix on TELUS - March 2021

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Netflix on TELUS - March 2021

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe! March is right around the corner, and that means it's time for NETFLIX to drop another batch of great new shows and movies to enjoy! So far this year, I've been really loving the NETFLIX original content, and it looks like March will be no different. Let's take a look at some of the best stuff coming our way, as well as what I'm currently hooked on now!

PROTIP: If you plan to connect with loved ones remotely, Netflix Party is always an option to watch something with your friends and family virtually. Synchronized video playback and a handy chat box lets you watch and stay connected all at the same time!

Coming To NETFLIX in March

• March 3 - Moxie
    • New Amy Poehler comedy about a shy teenager who sparks a revolution in her school.
  • March 10 - Last Chance U: Basketball
    • The acclaimed sports docu-series moves from football to the basketball court.
  • March 15 - The Lost Pirate Kingdom (Season 1)
    • Docu-series about real life pirates, including the infamous Blackbeard.

Most Anticipated

The Lost Pirate Kingdom (Season 1)

Oh wow, am I ever pumped for this. I've always been a huge fan of the era, from the well known Pirates of The Caribbean movie series, to the criminally underrated show Black Sails. From sweeping ocean views to dingy swashbuckling battles and characters, we all know pirates make for good content. The upcoming NETFLIX original docu-series The Lost Pirate Kingdom looks to be much of the same. Think of this as a documentary with historians retelling tales of the most infamous pirates, mixed in with fierce action as the scenes are acted out. Check out this trailer and you'll see what I mean.

How awesome does that look? They could've easily kept this strictly a documentary and it would've been just as fascinating, but with a full budgeted portrayal acted out you'll feel like you're right there in the action. Make no mistake about it, from Blackbeard to the infamous Charles Vane, these pirates were among the most unpleasant people to come across on the sea. I sometimes feel the more romanticized version of pirates isn't quite as accurate as it should be, so to see it balanced with some real history should make for some compelling stuff. Be sure to check it out when the first season drops on March 15.

What I'm Watching Now

Can’t wait for the new shows and movies to drop? Need something bingeworthy now? You've come to the right place.

Lupin (Season 1)

If you're looking for something that will have you hooked from minute one, look no further. Recently, the smash French hit series Lupin dropped on NETFLIX and it didn't take too long for me to get through the first 5 episodes (the last 5 episodes drop later this year). Lupin is a thrilling mystery series about a professional thief out to avenge his father's death 25 years later. The cinematography, acting, and sharp writing is what I was most impressed with in addition to some great comedic moments that bring some levity to an otherwise fairly intense plot.

This has been a riot to watch. It definitely has the same vibes as other similar series like Sherlock and Omar Sy is fantastic in the lead role. It's stylish and fast paced, and the spectacular French locations make for some good escapism, something we can all use these days. Highly recommended!

Let me know if you plan on watching or if there’s anything else you’re currently hooked on in the comments below! 

ICYMI: You can add Netflix to your Optik TV package at any time! Find out more here

1 Comment
SuperFred

The Lost pirate looks awesome and yes, it will be nice seeing more on that era when pirates ruled the seas.