Netflix on TELUS - March 2020

Netflix on TELUS - March 2020

Greetings fellow TV lovers! If there’s one thing everyone can agree on these days, it’s that there are so many great television shows and movies out there. So many in fact, that it can be hard to decide which ones are worth your time. Well, worry no more. We’ve selected the most anticipated original Netflix shows and movies coming next month, so you can kick back and focus on the more difficult decisions: Will it be a popcorn or potato chip sort of evening?

Coming in March

• March 6 - Spenser Confidential
  • March 20 - The Letter For The King
  • March 20 - Madam C.J. Walker
  • March 27 - Ozark (Season 3)
  • March 27 - Coffee & Kareem

Most Anticipated

Spenser Confidential

The highlight for me has to be the upcoming Netflix original movie Spenser Confidential starring Mark Wahlberg. Always fun to watch in action-comedies, he portrays a wrongfully convicted ex-police officer, fresh out of prison...with a new goal of leaving his old life behind. That is, until he’s convinced to pull off one last mission to help a friend. Once you watch the trailer, you’ll know why I’m so pumped for this. This movie seemingly has it all. Action, humor, a star-studded cast...I can’t wait!

Also starring Alan Arkin, Post Malone, Winston Duke, and Iliza Shlesinger, Spenser Confidential is sure to be a great time!

What We're Watching Now

Can’t wait for the new shows and movies to drop? Need something bingeworthy now? We’ve got your back.

Altered Carbon (Season 2)

80186672_alteredcarbonS2#sdp_na_en_01.png

It’s finally back. The cyberpunk noir thriller returns, and I couldn’t be happier. Altered Carbon has returned for a dynamic, action-packed second season. All 8 episodes are currently streaming on Netflix, and so far it hasn’t disappointed. Didn’t catch the first season? Buckle up.

In the future, people’s memories and consciousness can be programmed into discs (“stacks”) and inserted into synthetic or human bodies (“sleeves”) to essentially live forever. Only however if you can afford it. After a great class war between those that can afford and those that can’t rips the world apart, a group of soldiers vow to put a stop to the war. One such soldier is Takeshi Kovacs. Hundreds of years after his last “death”, he’s brought back to life within a new body to solve a wealthy socialite’s murder.

Now in season 2, Kovacs is back in a new sleeve, still on the hunt for other soldiers like him, and chasing down someone from his past that may be able to put a stop to the class divide once and for all. Starring Anthony Mackie (Avengers: Endgame), this season is as incredible as the first. With dazzling cinematography in a dystopian, neon-filled world right out of Blade Runner...fans of exciting action and intriguing story are in for a treat. Definitely bingeworthy!

Both seasons of Altered Carbon are streaming now on Netflix. Let me know if you plan on watching or if there’s anything else you’re currently hooked on in the comments below!

ICYMI: You can add Netflix to your Optik TV package at any time! Find out more here.